AMC3 transponder issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yourftasuperman

Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
I have a captain 8000hd receiver with a sg2100 motor and a invacom quad lnbf. I get a strong signal on transponder 11736 where mta comes in clear but the pbs transponder 12140 and 12180 is very weak to the point that they don't come in. I have a 4 port DiSEiqC switch that is set linear. My dish is 31" help me bring in the pbs transponder. Also I've noticed if I go drive my motor west I get a very strong signal but nothing is scanned in on my autoscan.

There are quite a few threads related to this same problem. Some days I get the PBS channels just fine. Other days, they are non-existent. The good news is that PBS is moving to AMC21, which will be parked at 125W, pretty soon. The AMC3 problem is not with your equipment , but with the AMC3 bird itself, I'd say.
:)

just out of curiousity, what general area ya located in? It seems like the northern states have been having issue. Brent (being in Michigan) and me (in Minnesota) and folks in southern Canada have been having issues

I Also I've noticed if I go drive my motor west I get a very strong signal but nothing is scanned in on my autoscan.

how far west are you going? I know at 91W (G17) there are 2 data tranponders at the same parameters (12140 V 30000 & 12180 V 30000) which show strong signal quality but no channels (obviously since its a data TP)

I have issues with getting PBS also in Montreal. If its moving to 125w, gess ill fire up the chain saw and get white plaines while I am at it.

I'm in SW New Mexico and I'm having the same issues. Since this is our "rainy season" I thought at first that it was because of clouds/rain, but today is a beautiful sunny day and I'm still getting breakup (macroblocks).

One other thing I found is that the frequencies move around a little...for a while I was getting the mux on 12182 but not very well on 12180, now it seems 12180 works better than 12182.

I'm finding the best frequency for PBS-511 is 12168, for 512 is 12175, and 513 is 12161. I've no idea why it has drifted so far off the published frequencies.

I'm looking forward to AMC-21, hopefully it will clean up all this mess. I keep going over to 125W and scanning, but nothing there yet.

Here in CA, Montana PBS comes in fine on my 31" dish. But 12180 and 12140 signals can drop to as low as 35%. Using DVBDream, I need a minimum of 40% to lock in for video/audio, while I need something above 50 to watch PBS HD without stutter.

I'm looking forward to AMC-21, hopefully it will clean up all this mess. I keep going over to 125W and scanning, but nothing there yet.

You can track AMC-21 @ www n2yo com /?s=33277 . It will probably be late October before it settles at 125.

I get between 55 and 60% quality on the 12140, where PBS HD is, on the 9200, with 1.2 meter P* and original P* LNB.:)

I am in South FL. an have no problem with signal or quality on transponders 12140 signal-99 & Q-86, 12180 signal-99 & Q-88, (just check) with a pansat-9000 running 10-foot channel master dish. but now after reading this here will keep a eye on these transponders to see if they go down in signal or Q. but so far they have never gave me a problem on going to them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Visionsat Editor Program.

Backhaul on a digital OTA subchannel?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)