Alternate number to call for billing?

Justin2505

Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
In mid June my roomies moved out so I didn't need as many receivers(3 less to be exact), so I called dish network, and they said since my contract had expired I could turn those off, and they would send me boxes to send the units back.

Fast forward to August, I haven't received boxes for the receivers, but I have received a $700 bill. I tried to call their number to try and resolve the matter(online it says my bill is like 40 or so bucks, so I'm assuming they charge me for the receivers), but it says I can't speak to a customer service rep without paying the $700. I'm a student, so I can't afford to pay them the money to explain this, and try and get it credited. I want to keep the service, but this is ridiculous. I used the email form on their site, but the 48 window for a response passed. Am I screwed? Or do any of you guys know how I can contact someone to resolve this?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Thanks, up until now I've really enjoyed the service. Me and my roomies paid them $100 a month for about a year and a half, and were very pleased(we liked the 50 or so movie channels), if this resolves soon, I'll probably keep it, otherwise I'm going with cable or directv, since I'm no longer on a contract.

I sent an e-mail to both of those, I was nice about it, do you guys know if CEOs really read those? lol

LOL - sometimes great minds think alike. The address Mike gave and the one I gave both end up at the same place.

And no, Charlie doesn't read them - it's just the way to access the GOOD CSRs. :)

Ah, as someone who does CSR work I can see the brilliance(deviant?) reasoning behind not letting people even talk to the CSR without paying, but damn it's frustrating if you're billing is borked. I'm just glad I found this web site=)

I think thats a load of crap of not letting someone speak to a CSR before they pay an outstanding bill of $700.00. Especially when looking at E* past, they have a tendancy to screw up even the most simple things up royally. Also, if they try to charge your Visa, just ask the bank to charge it back, under the Visa operating rules, companies are not allowed to charge a card for debt collection. I know they all do it, E*, D*, Blockbuster, but in reality, you can charge it back. I think I sitll have an old Visa operating book around here, if needed I can get the charge back code.

Well, I received a call within 2 hours of e-mailing, and they are sending boxes to pick up the old receivers. The guy was great about it and apologized.

Thanks for those e-mail addresses, worked wonders=)

Hopefully everything works out. Once you get past there screw ups, they do provide some inexpensive programming and once in a while good customer service.

I think they one three jd power awards in a row at one time. Don't know what has happened to them lately.

Replace hard drive on 501

Installation Advice, Please!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)