Adrew 1.8M dish FT Lauderdale

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Smaller than it looks:

Did a search for 180M dishes and this showed up...
How big IS it ??? - :eek:

That guy's not lookin' to let it go for $100. - :rolleyes:
Probably thinks he can get 500 or 1000.
But, somebody looking to do a small TV station fed by Ku, would be wise to snap it up.

Motorizing that beast would be as much trouble as the 6' Prodelin dishes that are around. :(
Wonder if the mount Sadoun sells would handle the weight . . . ?

This was listed before for $200 and binding ended with no bids. This dish also retails for $479 on Andrews Website, and even cheaper if you shop around(It is no way close to $2400) as stated. The mount seems to be bent , I guess thats why the smaller box is open and a pic taken (states what you see is what you get). The Andrews website has this as a fixed AZ/EL( look up Andrews Type 180 dish). Therefore you cannot motorize this dish to move. The dish is also a one piece design so shipping will cost several hundreds since it is also very heavy(requires a forklift as mentioned).

Therefore you cannot motorize this dish to move.

You need to hang out here more.....there is NO dish under 4 meters that we can't motorize. We got the finest minds in the hobby here, if it can be done, we can figure it out. I know of at least two members that have put Prodelins on BUD polar mounts and made them track. :D

You need to hang out here more.....there is NO dish under 4 meters that we can't motorize. We got the finest minds in the hobby here, if it can be done, we can figure it out. I know of at least two members that have put Prodelins on BUD polar mounts and made them track. :D

I know it could be modified, but given the size/wt it will be cheaper to get a new dish under warranty with a polar mount already included from one of our sponsors like Sadoun($169 + free shipping).
The going price for a polar mount for that dish is $149+shipping. You need a heavy duty modification setup given that the dish weighs over 145lbs.
Now if you were getting an 8 footer or larger for the given price , my opinion was that it would be worth the aggravation to mod it. The market is saturated with 6 footers. There is a popular sat store selling 6 footers online for $149 ( Fortec or Sami) with polar mount.

that would be a pain to ship being a solid offset dish...not in pieces ;)

That also brings up a good point also Iceberg. It is offset. To use c-band would require modification since it cannot readily accept prime focus lnb. However it would be excellent for Ku, but overkill since a 3-4 ft Ku dish would be more managaeble to move on a rotor, and the gain would not make a difference with 3-4 footers.

Drive a little more south to Melbourne and you can get this same antenna for only $10 minus the AZ/EL mount. The mount can then be purchased from Future Satellite if needed.

I have one of these dishes in my garage that I picked up while in Melbourne. A friend of mine bought 4 of them.

However, considering that the AZ/EL mount sells for around $60 and the mount and dish are brand new this isn't too bad of a deal. This is one excellent quality dish.

Motorizing that beast would be as much trouble as the 6' Prodelin dishes that are around. :(
Wonder if the mount Sadoun sells would handle the weight . . . ?

That Polar Mount may work fine for this dish with a little DIY bracket modifications. But why go through the trouble and the high shipping costs? If someone is local to the seller and interested in this dish, they should contact the seller and make him an offer.
These type of dishes are usually in demand in the Caribbean islands.

That guy's not lookin' to let it go for $100. - :rolleyes:
Probably thinks he can get 500 or 1000.
But, somebody looking to do a small TV station fed by Ku, would be wise to snap it up.

QUOTE]

That's the problem as you stated above. A new one from ASC (formerly Andrews) sell for $459 (with warranty, all parts).
Satellite Engineering Group | Product Catalog | Product Details
However the seller claims that the dish sells for $2400 (this definetly question the honesty of the seller), and most likely wants to sell an open box, "Comes as you see??" as stated, for more than the retail price.
The dish alone weights 135 lbs without mount or pole.
I prefer the Fortec Star 6 footer (purchased from Sadoun for $169 with polar mount/lnb adapter) because it is light and easy for one person to install and move around as a hobby. This dish needs more than one person for installation and is really designed for permanent/never will touch again situations.

! What Sadoun said, if close make offer. The ad says No shipping-Local pickup only.
If I were close I think I'd venture down and see if I could talk up a deal there, long as the dish was ok.

Thanks guys for the posting. Made offer , but seller never responded back. Placed bid on Ebay for $100 and won. Picked up Andrews Type 180 (ASC Signal) 6 foot solid fiberglass dish. Everthing was brand new. Dish was still is sealed box with straps. Unit also came with lnb assemble with a conical attachment that is worth $100 alone. This is an offset 6 ft dish so I should have more gain than my prime focus Fortec Star 6 footer. Seller was very nice, got a good deal.

Thanks guys for the posting. Made offer , but seller never responded back. Placed bid on Ebay for $100 and won. Picked up Andrews Type 180 (ASC Signal) 6 foot solid fiberglass dish. Everthing was brand new. Dish was still is sealed box with straps. Unit also came with lnb assemble with a conical attachment that is worth $100 alone. This is an offset 6 ft dish so I should have more gain than my prime focus Fortec Star 6 footer. Seller was very nice, got a good deal.

You got a great deal! Pics please, ASAP! :D

I will post the manual & the paper that describes the conical feed horn attachment for those that like to experiment with scalars. I have not decided where to put up the dish yet/get pole that is 4.5 OD ........

Yes I have been lucky to find a Fortec Star 120cm for $70 (Craiglist) and the Andrews Type 180 (6 ft) for $100. Afetr buying the 6ft polar kit from you last summer Sadoun I got the FTA/C-band/4DTV bug.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

4DTV Packages

C-Band Multiple rooms

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts