Additional TV

rp1428

Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
atlanta
I want to add another HD TV in a separate room. Our HD DVR already has one HD TV. The separate room doesn't have any cables run to it.

We don't need to watch the existing HD TV and the new HD TV simultaneously. Is there a way to have a wireless feed to this other TV even with some sort of switch to decide which TV to use.

You have a few options. what i do is a pretty easy way since the tv2 room is adjacent to the main tv1 location. i hooked up tv1 by component with optical audio and then ran a 25 ft. HDMI cable to the secondary tv through the wall. there are also wireless options out there as well as using Cat5/6 cables to send the signal to the room.

That won't work for the OP. He want's HD in a separate room, and that only works line of sight. So unless he can beam it through an open door way it'd be a no go. Also for the price of that he could lease a 211k for almost three years. I would suggest either getting a second receiver, or using HDMI on one TV and component on the other using one receiver. You can get a 100 foot Premium Component cable for around $60, or a 100 foot Premium HDMI cable for $100 from MonoPrice.com

I want to add another HD TV in a separate room. Our HD DVR already has one HD TV. The separate room doesn't have any cables run to it.

We don't need to watch the existing HD TV and the new HD TV simultaneously. Is there a way to have a wireless feed to this other TV even with some sort of switch to decide which TV to use.

Have you thought about adding a 2nd receiver? With a 211 series and an added ehd ($40 1 time fee) you would have hd in the separate room. There would be a $7/mo charge for a solo reciver.

Could I connect a Dish Slingbox to my 722 and then buy a TV with WiFi? Is that an option or does it have disadvantages? Can a TV with WiFi play stuff from the Slingbox?

Thanks.

You'll need to have a Sling device at the receiving end.

Perhaps the Sling Adapter would work for you.

Yes, the Sling Adaptor is what I meant. Do you know if a TV with wi-fi capability can browse/play from the Dish SLing Adaptor?

That won't work for the OP. He want's HD in a separate room, and that only works line of sight. So unless he can beam it through an open door way it'd be a no go. Also for the price of that he could lease a 211k for almost three years. I would suggest either getting a second receiver, or using HDMI on one TV and component on the other using one receiver. You can get a 100 foot Premium Component cable for around $60, or a 100 foot Premium HDMI cable for $100 from MonoPrice.com
You better look again, it is NOT line of sight. Like any RF device the more walls/floors you have to go through the less distance you will get. Mine works just fine between the 2nd floor and the basement in my house

622 freeze w/caller ID

Puerto Rico Local Channels in HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)