Adding another reciever to account

redsoxfan25401

Original poster
Feb 5, 2011
martinsburg wv
First off Hello all I am new to the board and to Dish Network 5 months ago. I came over from Directv and can say I have never been happier. Now to my question, When I signed up 5 months ago I was only able to recieve one receiver not sure why wasn't really given a explanation on this but was told to call back in 3 months to get another reciever to add to the account. Well I am trying to but keep getting different price quotes everytime I call in it goes anywhere from 115 to 175 bucks for just a standard 2 room reciever. I really don't want to pay for it. Since I could easily just go back to Directv and 4 rooms for free. But I like Dish. So what is the cost for the receiver? Is there anyway to recieve it for free? One guy said I would have to wait 7 more months till my one year date to get a free upgrade not sure I can wait that long kids are driving me insane, wanting Directv back so they could have tv in there rooms

Thanks for letting me ramble a bit

It is always a pain to add receivers during the 1st year in contract, but it can be done. When my adult son moved in, I needed to add a receiver to my system, I used the chat and asked about something non-related to that and then casually mentioned that he had moved in and I sure could use a receiver for him. They said I was elgible for one at no cost and could do it the next day. So that's what we did.

Try chat or call again and play CSR roulette to see if you can get it free. But these days they might want to charge for a truck roll to do the install. At the time I did it, that wasn't usually the case. A truck roll is either $95 without the service plan or $15 with a service plan.

In case you hadn't noticed, most of the time when people ask about what to do to make the switch between D* and E*, a caution is usually given to make sure you know how many receivers you want/need and don't let them sell you less. I noticed that they only offered you one, it is weird, I don't believe I've ever seen them limit a new install that way. Wonder what kicked that in...

Which receiver are you trying to get?? You could buy a VIP 211k for less money that it would cost you to terminate. For a one time fee, you could activate and EHD for it. It would only cost you $7.00 per month receiver fee. Under one year, you will pay considerably for a 722, if that's what you're after, AND a receiver fee of $17.00.

As a new sub, the best I was able to do was $50 for a single room receiver (211k) plus $15 for the install (with service plan). You could also try ebay.

Last time I checked, DirecTV would only give you two rooms for free, and additional ones were at least $100, just like Dish. And new D* and E* subs have zero leverage thanks to ETFs. I make my kids earn luxuries like tv in their rooms, etc. If they want it badly enough, they'll pay for it.

He wouldn't be, but he could be a 'returning' customer with similar offers as a new one. From my experience, at 5 months away from them, the offer wouldn't be very good, but you just never know.

My current offer from D* to come back is 'up to' $200 gift card for ETF, and then the rest of the new customer stuff. But I've been away from them for over 2 years now.

To the OP it sounds like there may be something I can explain a bit better for you. You mentioned getting one receiver at install. It sounds to me like you may have "qualified" for a prepay account, at which point the "upgrades" don't work the same way they usually would. If you want I can confirm if you PM me a phone number.

Typically when they want to charge for the upgrade (especially something that high in price) you are actually purchasing a new receiver versus just getting one leased to you. The price "changed" due to whether or not you add an SP (possibly) or what kind of receiver it is. Again, I would have to see the account to really understand it and then be able to explain it better. You can PM me that phone number and I can help! If there is something that can be done, I am more then capable of doing it.

EA Vs. Western Arc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)