adding a reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

starsstripes00

Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
Ok so i have 2 recievers. A single LNB RCA dish, and i use a phillips indoor outdoor mutli switch outside. Now i get some channels and when i switch the dish wire from one side to the other on the switch i get different channels. I think i need to upgrade to a dual line LNB if not what am i doing wrong. If i do need to upgrade, can i just buy a new dish and install it that has dual lines, or can i take my uncles piece where it has the dual line holes and put that on it wher emy single line is? thanks for any help me and my dad are going nuts trying to figure this out lo. We have to switch it back and forth to watch the jets lol

oh thats fine, it just gets annoyign when i want to watch a certain show and i gotta switch it over. but this site is the only real active site i found with discussions about this stuff

Stop switching that cable back and forth ASAP, you are lucky you have not shorted something out so far. I too would up to the PhaseIII at minimum, or right the the 5 LNB dish so you won't soon be looking to upgrade yet again.

probably not, but if i did it be 1 more. But you know i come from an irish family and my dads a retired carpenter, no directv installers allowed. Its all do it himself stuff. SO the idea of taking off the part where its just 1 line there, and replacing with a 2 one wont work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR20 w/3LNB Dish

NFL Post-season Schedule

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)