• C-Band dish

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • 4:2:2 receiver

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg,

I voted C-band a little while back but held off on commenting. I voted C-band just because there seems to be more good english language stuff on C-band. I was really impressed as to just how much more I could see once I put the c-band dish up.

I saw a report of Saturday's UMD / Alaska game on AMC 7 over the weekend and thought of you.

AMC7 had the "hated" Minnesota goofers against Alaska
(MN Duluth fans dont take kindly to them goofers) :)

I would say the C-Band dish. Get two 6' piece of wood and tie them in a X. Use this to see how well the dish would fit

Ken. The dish would fit. It was a matter of the LOS issue (with the roof in the way).

I did take a 6 foot board and drew a X in the middle and used an old Dish 500. Setting the elevation at 60 (38 elevation for TS + 22 offset difference) and lining up the arm of the dish with the X and I should be pretty good to go in terms of LOS issues (or maybe lackthereof)...

Thanks for the input guys :)

Last edited:
Iceberg, if you do get a BUD, then you might want to "backup" your channel data for your Coolsat 5000 prior to blind-scanning the C-band satellites. I say that because of what my Coolsat 5000 did this weekend. I had already blind-scanned all the Ku sats. A couple days later, I was blind-scanning the C-band satellites. After doing about 6 sats, my Coolsat 5000 lost all the channel info except that for the last C-band sat I blind-scanned.

I then re-blind-scanned all the Ku sats back in and was in the process of re-doing the c-band ones when the same thing happened again.

I don't really know exactly what caused the malfunction. Maybe I exceeded the maximum number of sats. I looked on the specs for the Coolsat 5000, and I didn't see any limit listed. I think I was blind-scanning the sat at 123 degrees each time the failure occured.

Anyway, this is just a word of warning that it's possible for a Coolsat 5000 to lose its channel data.

I wish I knew how to hook my Coolsat 5000 up to my computer and could move my Coolsat channel data to my computer for backup and so that I could edit and add to it using the computer.

I'll be using a different receiver for C-Band (if I go with it) :)

I'll probably use the Pansat 1500 for C-Band. The Coolsat I back up the list every week :D
(have to do that tonight and go through and delete all the dead TP's...have 60 on SBS alone) :eek:

You're really on the ball, Iceberg. Hey, what software could I use to backup my Coolsat 5000 data to computer...and then edit the data on computer?

Maybe I shouldn't ask that in this thread. It is off-topic. Would it be better to ask that in a new thread...or to send you a personal message each time I have a question that I can't readily find the answer to a question by doing a search?

oh no thats fine

There is two programs. Once is the loader that Coolsat uses (which works fine).
The other is channelmaster (but you need to upload the channels in the Coolsat loader first)

HEre's the loader and the Channel editor (NOT chanelmaster...the Coolsat version)

Attachments

• Coolsat Pro Loader v[1].2.2.zip
    120.4 KB · Views: 83
  • NDFEdit.zip
    33.8 KB · Views: 92
7720driver said:
Ok. Thanks, Iceberg. I'll do a search and try to find where I can download channelmaster and the Coolsat loader program from.

dont need to search...its all here (my two items were in the post right above yours). PSB posted Channelmasters site :)

Good Choice!!! Let us know if the neighbors like it as much as you. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help With Missing Channels

Help me find a good use for this dish :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)