Activate 5-yr old DST-3000 for 1st time?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tanzella

Original poster
Dec 18, 2005
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, as I've never activated a DTV unit.

I have a 5 year old Toshiba DST-3000 that I use only for OTA HD. I've been using a big dish for over 20 years and now find that I need a DSS for Fox sports. I hooked up the DST-3000 to a dish just to get software updates, whiched worked fine. But the DTV side of the receiver has failed in the past few months. The rest of the receiver works fine. I'm willing to get the DST-3000 fixed if I can use it to get FSN 6 months of the year. My questions are:

1. Is it worth fixing? (I saw a $55 flat quote on the web).
2. Can I subscibe it for 6-month intervals without penalty?

Thanks.
PS. I swapped dishes/LNB's and used a signal strength meter to prove that it's not a dish problem.

You can try putting it on vacation hold for $5/month, but any new HW sub requires 1yr or 2 yr min requirement.

You can return your equipment and get out of the min requirement.

I've had a DST3000 for 4 yrs. Its just now having slight problems picking up a transponder, but it still does most days.

You can try putting it on vacation hold for $5/month, but any new HW sub requires 1yr or 2 yr min requirement.
You can return your equipment and get out of the min requirement.
Thanks for the advice, the vacation hold sounds good. Since I use the equipment every day for OTA HD, returning it is not an option. Hard to believe that DirecTV thinks they own part of this equipment since I paid an arm and a leg for it 5 years ago with no subscription requirement.
I've had a DST3000 for 4 yrs. Its just now having slight problems picking up a transponder, but it still does most days.
You may want to try these DSS repair guys if you have to wait a while for the MPEG-4 upgrade: http://www.psr1.com/dss_repair_form.htm
I'm sending mine in after the OTA HD Bowl games.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Swanni: DIRECTV to Be HDTV Leader in 2006

Tivo and R15

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)