Account/Billing Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
This is a weird question we had direcTV for 15yrs and its always been in my mom name because she manager mine money, and now that she getting older i am going to try learn how to manage a house and try to get independent as much as i can, my question is will direcTV let us transfer the bill into my name so i can start paying the bill online? when we get this setup

have you tried calling them to see what they will say?

Last I checked I dont think they can transfer it to your name directly

Probably not, you can call to ask about a transfer of liability, but your probably better off canceling and signing up under your own name. New promos and such too.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Not necessarily, dtv is rather lenient, i have terrible credit and got approved for whatever i wanted all new cust promos. And i went through the oh wow im 18 lets get credit cards phase of my life and still owe citi from my first two cards ever, that was close to 10yrs ago. Granted i made payment plans, never just ditched them. But i also ran a personal dtv account way up when i lost my first 1099 job around age 21, got over 1000 in the red, returned the receivers, paid it off. New service in my name three years later. I dont think credit is that much of a problem.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

we just started discussing this last weekend, so, i don't know when this will happen, i wanted to see what your guys options

The account can't be transferred to your name, but billing can be.. Just call them (with your mom there) and tell them you want to change the billing.. They can modify it to your name and credit or Debit card..
Or, as already stated, you can cancel her account and open your own.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Having issues with Genie

Native and Resolutions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)