Ac3 On Satwork 3688

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neil_kc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
KANSAS CITY AREA
Any suggestions on how to get ac3 ( dolby digital) to play through my satwork 3688? I see from the manuel that it decodes ac3 but cannot get it to play through my tv?

Welcome to the forum!!!!!

Where in the manual does it say it will decode AC3 what page? Even if it does (I hope so) you would still have to run it through a AC3 decoder, many cheapo hi fi receivers have AC3. , hope you are right about AC3 that would be cool : )

Got it Page 24!

page 24 under MPEG TRANSPORT STREAM AND av DECODING under the Audio Decoding section it reads clearly
MPEG/ Music/Cam Layer 1 & 2, Mp3, Ac3.

The Satwork 3688 has a chipset that is capable of decoding AC3, but this feature was not included in the model imported into North America.

So why was in included in the manuel? ok if that is true, is it possible that my satwork 3688 and fortec star lifetime ultra will play together using the loop-through? any suggestions, i hate to give up my satwork and have to re-locate all the sats on the new fortec. suggestions?

Using the loop-through IF or using a DC blocking splitter would allow the 2nd receiver to slave from the first, but then the primary receiver would need to also select the polarity of the LNBF for both receivers.

The Fortec Ultra has USALS, so locating the satellites will be a snap if your motor is Go To X (USALS) compatible. Just input your longitude and latitude and select the satellites you wish to receive. If the motor has been correctly installed, the USAL feature automatically locates the satellite location then it will just be a 12 - 17 minutes to perform a complete scan for each bird.

You will also probably enjoy having a receiver that features a PC editing program to manage your libraries of saved searches and channels lists.

SatelliteAV said:
Using the loop-through IF or using a DC blocking splitter would allow the 2nd receiver to slave from the first, but then the primary receiver would need to also select the polarity of the LNBF for both receivers.

not necessarily. I have a high frequency splitter splitting to my Satwork and Viacast, with the DC block on the Viacast. When the Pansat is off, the Viacast can get both H & V polarities. When the Satwork is on, then the Viacast is limited to whatever polarity the Satowk is on :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Closed captioning

Audio problem from Traxis 2500

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)