Status
Please reply by conversation.

al_madhi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
To - Peter S. Bain ( PSB )

Refrence to your thread posted on 11-18-2004 09:40 pm regarding the above receiver , you praised this receiver a lot . I am planning to buy this
receiver . But before I read your thread I posted in other satellite forum a thread titled " What is the difference between Blind Scan and Auto Scan "
And this is what someone reply to me .

He quoted " Nothing out at the moment does a true auto scan - all of the branded receivers claiming real "Blind Scan" use a generic Korean system that only functions within the parameters given by the chipset in the receiver , Its scan and the term is really the catchword for this time
Do not wast your money unless they offer 4.2.2 into the bargin . wait a few months for something that gives true blind scan , but in the meantime , buy a cheap spectrum analyser or look at the websites of Lyngsat and Telesatellite for the imprtant bouquet parameters . "

Therefore I understand from his quotation that the designers of these Korean satellite receivers they collect all transponders parameters from the satellite companies or from the satellite websites and preprogrammed them in the mothorboards of the receivers and when you do blind scan the receiver will search all these pre-programmed frequencies . But after sometime when these receivers leave the factory and when the end user
try to do blind scan for the newest satellites launched lately with new frequencies this receiver will not detect these new transponders parameters
because they are not pre-programmed in the memory of the receiver . the only way to programm them is by inputing them manually through Manual search . As they say " TEST is the best proof " Try to test your receiver on the newest transponders from any new satellite and see yourself does the receiver detect these new transponders if it does this means this feature
called " Blind Scan " is working perfectly and if not then the abve quotation is correct . I am waiting your comment and test in order to buy this receiver .

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

Hello!
On the Fortec Lifetime Ultra 2005 blind scan is called "Power Scan"
I can confirm that it does indeed find most FTA channels after a Power Scan, but its a good idea to use it in conjunction with Lyngsat.com to confirm you are getting all the channels on any satellite.
I am sure you will be happy with the Power Scan feature.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lyngsat falling behind

Buying Winegard 90cm dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)