ABC-HD Turned on and then shut off by D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

acl07

Original poster
Feb 19, 2006
I bought my HDTV last May and, having the analog waiver from my ABC station, Directv turned on the HD feed of ABC right away.

The channel stayed on until the end of August 2005, when Directv just decided to shut it off because I didn't have an HD waiver for the channel. I have sent in two or three waiver requests to my local ABC station and they always deny them.

I read on here that if Directv turns on a Distant Feed of a channel, they can never take it away.

What are my options now?

You do not have much of an option at all. You are in the hands of three companies that will not give you a stright answer or take responsiblity for the situation. They will all pass the blame along in a big circle. The three being your local station, D* and the FCC.

acl07 said:
I bought my HDTV last May and, having the analog waiver from my ABC station, Directv turned on the HD feed of ABC right away.

The channel stayed on until the end of August 2005, when Directv just decided to shut it off because I didn't have an HD waiver for the channel. I have sent in two or three waiver requests to my local ABC station and they always deny them.

I read on here that if Directv turns on a Distant Feed of a channel, they can never take it away.

What are my options now?

DirecTV made a mistake when they gave you the HD channel, that's why they took it away.

You have two options, put up a TV antenna or wait for your market to go local into local in HD.

yup..thats what they told me about my Fox out of NYC...when i call they are amazed that I still have it, but they said, once they do a audit, it will not be there...but, if they would follow the govt rules for what my area is considered local to my DMA...they owe me three more channels...oh well..just pray that my install can put my AT9 dish on my deck post saturday..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Multiswitch Help!!

Finnaly Took the plunge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)