95WL and D10 Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

amitnf1

Original poster
Dec 11, 2004
I have aligned 95wl using the 101 setting and trans#1 in D10. I am trying to download guide using 95 directly connected but it's not downloading also not able to see signal meter for 95 in dish pointing. I do have another dish pointed to 101 and able to was ch 100. Also when I try to use switch that came with my Directv DSS -II system HIRD-C2 to combine 101 & 95 and connect to D10 and still it doesn't show the channels from 95. The switch is made by Hughes network system and it has input for DSS on sat1 & FSS on sat 2. Can someone help me with the problem.

This happened when guys came out to install my 95. Is there only one STB in this setup? My installers found that, for whatever reason, ALL STB's must be tuned to either 201 or 100 during the setup phase, to recognize the extra sats. Last I checked, manual dish selection did not allow for the 72.5 or 95, so Autoconfigure must be run. I am just a user who had to watch his installers climb up and dpwn the ladder for an afternoon, so I am not the technical expert. There are more threads on 72.5 and 95 setup at dbstalk.com.

Yes, only one set top box is used in this setup. What switch are you using? I really don't want to buy 6x8 zinwell for one STB, any alternative?

If only one LNB, the switch described should be sufficient. Are you sure you have the 95W locked in, and not some other?

100% Why, you surprised?

I know the switch is more than sufficent, my question was is there alternative to this switch or a switch that only does one receiver not 4 or 8.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Owner of DirecTv

transponder question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)