922 doesn't see smart card number, have to boot each morning for the 922 to see the smart card #

DaddyDuke

Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Is anyone having troubles with their 922 seeing the smart card #, we have a black picture each morning and the 922 will work on all its functions except their is no guide and the DVR won't work and the receiver doesn't see the smart card number, once you turn off the power and restart the receiver it works fine, but you will not get any recordings on your DVR until you reboot each day, what a pain :(

Assuming it has a smart card, have you tried pulling and maybe cleaning it?

The 922 doesn't have a smart card like the older receivers, I guess Dish just assigns one to the receiver? This is the second one they gave us and we get the same problem, just a black picture when you first start it up in the morning and when you hit menu twice, their is no smart card number in Sys Info, so you unplug the receiver and wait 10 seconds and then it sees the smart card number and works fine, but you have to unplug the receiver each day;

The 922 doesn't have a smart card like the older receivers, I guess Dish just assigns one to the receiver? This is the second one they gave us and we get the same problem, just a black picture when you first start it up in the morning and when you hit menu twice, their is no smart card number in Sys Info, so you unplug the receiver and wait 10 seconds and then it sees the smart card number and works fine, but you have to unplug the receiver each day;

Can you please PM me your account information? It looks like that we might need to replace it but if we already have and its happening again we may want some one to come take a look, something else maybe going on.

The 922 doesn't have a smart card like the older receivers, ...
Most of the new Dish receivers have the equivalent of a smart card inside (on the circuit board). That works until they need to change the smart card content, then they mail you a smart card that plugs in the front. The front card overrides the one one on the circuit board.

portable dish help

Dirt help more center ice problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)