922 and the iphone

mt_hawley

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2005
Peoria IL
I am trying to register my 922 with slingaccounts.com and I put in my slingbox id and name not sure what the right name is but i says invalid can somone tell me how to get this thing register thx

I think I got mine all registered but I don't have it connected to the internet. I think I might bring it home and try it out one of these days.

The sling part of the box isn't really working yet (per the documents). Might need to hold off on that part.

The Sling portion only works on the network where you have the 922 hooked up to currently.

While Dish gives you the Slingplpayer ID it does not give you the password to access the Slingbox from remote. Nor does it tell you what ports you need to open on your router (although this is easy to figure out on your slingplayer on your internal network) :)

That may be a little more difficult for me where I work. I'm sure how our router is set up. We have a corporation of 2 different businesses and run off the same network. I'm not sure I should mess with it.

The Sling portion only works on the network where you have the 922 hooked up to currently.
Do you have that configured yet? If so...

Which input tuners does the Sling output control? (I note that control of my 722 from DISH Remote Access Login only controls the TV1 tuner input. :mad: I think it can also control the OTA tuner, but I haven't tested that yet.

Admin

That may be a little more difficult for me where I work. I'm sure how our router is set up. We have a corporation of 2 different businesses and run off the same network. I'm not sure I should mess with it.

I asked this in one of the other threads in this forum about the size of your net. You answered in this one. Unless you talk to the admin for your net it sounds like you may be screwed.

Hasn't anybody exercised the Sling features yet? :eek: Surely not everybody is still fiddling with that "slick" remote control...

Yeah, not surprised about that. Remote stream is harder and many more things have to work to get that going.

But the local stream has the appeal of highest quality, and since you're local, you don't really need the virtual remote (for testing) since you can just use the real one. There is also the big appeal of having a 2nd HD output (via Sling) for the first time on a dual-tuner receiver.

Can you see whether the local stream is HD or not? Is it using the TV1 remote and satellite tuner, or TV2, something else? (Mention was made of TV3 at one point.)

While Dish gives you the Slingplpayer ID it does not give you the password to access the Slingbox from remote. Nor does it tell you what ports you need to open on your router (although this is easy to figure out on your slingplayer on your internal network) :)

I have my 922 up and running.

Scott any idea when Dish will give us the password to set up internet viewing?

I'm having a problem with remote number two. I'm able to link both remotes, but remote two never works. I've tried linking just remote two by itself but that doesn't work either.

Not sure what happened, but I was connected over my wireless network.

At some point it lost the connection and when I ran the setup assistant again it's asking for the admin password on the 922 which I don't know. It didn't ask for this the first time I ran this.

I rebooted the 922 and now the desktop slingplayer can connect again.

I still can't connect using the iPhone app because it wants an admin password. Has anyone got this working on wireless yet?

Folders are buggy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)