921 sd/hd button on remote

bdoeden

Original poster
Apr 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
After lightening zapped my leased 501 a few weeks ago I bot a 921. The sd/hd button on the remote worked for about a week then it did nothing. I called Dish C/S and the lady said that they turned off that feature on the remote. I raised a little hell and since I wasn't getting anywhere I asked to talk to a supervisor. After awhile another woman got on the phone and after making some more threats she said she would have a technician call me within the next 24 hours. Not good enough says I and some more threats ensued. She then asked me for the id of my 921. Couldn't get anything more out of her so I hung up. As expected I didn't receive a call from the technician but the remote started working OK the next day.

Anyone with a 921 have this happen to them or is this unique to me?

The reason your remote started working the next day is the 921 automatically reboots during the night.

You have two choices:
1. Manually REBOOT the receiver. It will then work fine again. (until it needs the next reboot)
2. Using the menu selection of 6-9 you can switch between SD/HD.

Number one is the best choice. It will also temporarily fix other things you might not be aware of.

sd/hd button

bdoeden said:
After lightening zapped my leased 501 a few weeks ago I bot a 921. The sd/hd button on the remote worked for about a week then it did nothing. I called Dish C/S and the lady said that they turned off that feature on the remote. I raised a little hell and since I wasn't getting anywhere I asked to talk to a supervisor. After awhile another woman got on the phone and after making some more threats she said she would have a technician call me within the next 24 hours. Not good enough says I and some more threats ensued. She then asked me for the id of my 921. Couldn't get anything more out of her so I hung up. As expected I didn't receive a call from the technician but the remote started working OK the next day.

Yeah i had that happen to me too like the other guy said just reboot it or switch by the menu. :yes

It's a werll-known 921 issue (one of many).

You'll find that the Format "*" button also won't work when this happens.

Reboot cures this (and many other) 921 problems.

921 will (usually) reboot overnight - if turned off as it should be.

To force a soft reboot, hold the power button for at least a 5-count. Hard reboot is to pull the pwoer cord for at least 15 seconds.

bdoeden said:

Power button reboots don't always work, if that still fails, unplug for 30 seconds and plug the unit back in. I had probledm where SD woudl be in BW even with a reboot unless I unplugged it to reset it.

I'll try a reboot the next time.

The strange thing is I did not have use of the button for about a week and most every night I turned off the 921. I would have thought that it would have reset during that time. Also did I get a CS rep who didn't know what she was talking about when she said that feature was discontinued? Must be so since no one else is complaining.

Thanks for the help.

bdoeden said:
The strange thing is I did not have use of the button for about a week and most every night I turned off the 921. I would have thought that it would have reset during that time. Also did I get a CS rep who didn't know what she was talking about when she said that feature was discontinued? Must be so since no one else is complaining.
The HD/SD button still works on mine. The gal you talked to was very wrong.

Possible to hide 942 recordings?

Billing Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts