90cm (36") Satellite Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I am new to FTA and am looking for a good 90cm (36") FTA satellite dish to use in Florida. I saw this dish advertised on E-Bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32844&item=5762488659&rd=1

It does not mention who manufactures this dish, so I do not know if it is of good quality. Is this a good deal, or should I go with a known company like Fortec or Winegard?

Thank You,
Dave Rinker

I can not tell you about this dish since no information is provided - I would go with a Winegard, that is what I have and it has been great!

Maybe he is making them in his garage : ) If you can afford it I would go with the AMERICAN made Winegard 1 meter dish!

Winegard

Thank you guys for your opinions! Also, thank you Iceberg for asking the seller what kind of dish it was. Judging by the fact that you got no reply, it probably is a cheaper quality dish. I think I will take everyone's suggestion and pay more money for the higher quality Winegard dish instead.

Thank You,
Dave Rinker

Popcorn

I have 2 30" dishes (one Winegard and one Hotdish)...I thought about upgrading to a 36" and this looked like a good deal. But with no answer on the model of the dish it worried me.

Winegard's are good dishes. Might have to get a 1m myself :D

- I'm looking for one right now (want to upgrade to 36"" or 95cm from my 30"), but on PSBsatellite, it says it's out ? Do you know when you have it in stock ? Is HotDish a good dish ?

- Another related question: Can I use an oval-shaped dish (big enough, too) to watch two sats (such as 97W ad 101W)? With its shape (not round), I think two KU LNBFs can sit next to each other ? If so, where can I buy them ? Thanks guys

tom_v said:
- I'm looking for one right now (want to upgrade to 36"" or 95cm from my 30"), but on PSBsatellite, it says it's out ? Do you know when you have it in stock ? Is HotDish a good dish ?
send PSB a PM...he can check on it for you
- Another related question: Can I use an oval-shaped dish (big enough, too) to watch two sats (such as 97W ad 101W)? With its shape (not round), I think two KU LNBFs can sit next to each other ? If so, where can I buy them ? Thanks guys
its very possible...but the 2nd LNB has to be aimed just right to get a good signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Need quick reply.. AMC9 transponder

Natsat 1000a

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)