9 day epg won't download

People aren't getting what I wrote several times.

you can write it 6 times if you want Dee. So either you want help or you don't. We are trying to help

It could be a combination of things....the two I'm thinking of are
-the 2TB drive which has been said yes and no if its officially supported. Supported? Yes....OFFICIALLY supported? maybe
-the SW31 switch....again its supported in the receiver but not officially supported by Dish due to a aftermarket switch. You mentioned having a SW21 and a SW21 switch laying around. Have you tried to switch to those 2 switches and see if it gets fixed?

It shouldnt take 45 minutes to do its update. A normal power cycle on the 211k is about 10-15 minutes TOPS. The 9 day guide is always there as eurosport wrote.

I've been getting the 9 day guide on my 211k, but the last couple of nights it has corrupted the drive. i have to disconnect the drive, re-connect and then the receiver does a re-boot and everything works again.
Worked fine until I switched out the Legacy LNBF's for DishPro's.

I changed the update time from 5am to 6am and it works now.

A few weeks ago I was awake at 5am and bored so I sat there and watched the procedure. It did try the download guide thing ~twice~ just like it does two disk checks. Each time it tried to download the guide it took about 11-12 minutes.

But the other day when I manually downloaded the guide it took about 5 minutes.

What I ~suspect~ was happening is that it couldn't find the info at the earlier time, for whatever reason. Perhaps they weren't transmitting it during that time. I don't know.
But since it couldn't find it it would go back to square one and start everything all over again. I ASSUME...... Failing twice to get the 9 day guide it would just download the 2 day guide instead.

So anyway, I changed it to 6am and switched over to C-band for the night.

When I switched back to Dish I found that the guide had updated up to Sunday, the 22nd, 6am. There's my 9 days.
It also was able to sort out all the recording schedules and find the things I want recorded. With the 5 minute overlap I record on everything it can't record back to back episodes so it looks for the next one later in the night or even later in the week.

So this seems to have straightened it out. I would have preferred it do this at 5am but oh well.

It gets really frustrating when you have a machine that does things when and how it wants and doesn't allow you to modify or adjust it to your needs & schedules.

That's ok, I'll just spend more time on C-band this way.

Thanks guys.. :)

Why didn't you just leave it downloading at the default 3 AM?

Best way to record shows back-to-back is to leave it at the 1min before, 3min after default settings.

Sounds like you changing things manually is your culprit.

Why didn't you just leave it downloading at 3 AM?

Ok, I have a VIP211k with a 2tb disk on it.

Everything works fine I suppose.

But, I set the MANDATORY - upgrade/guide download/system - check time for 5am.

The whole routine takes 40 to 45 minutes, every single time. :mad: Whatever......

5am is the time that is the least disruptive to my schedule. It's a 50/50 chance I'll be awake at that time but I've just made it routine to switch over to my FTA system and watch C-band.
So while I'm on C-band the tuner can do it's thing then later I'll switch back over to Dish.

The problem is, during this time slot, it's not downloading the 9 day guide. It can't retrieve it, all it can find and download is a 48 hour guide! :mad:

This has been going on since I changed it to the 5am routine.

For weeks now I would look at the guide and wonder why it only had two days of guide info.. When I would try to look past two days it would ask me if I wanted to abort a recording and download the guide. I would tell it no because I didn't want it getting into a 45 minute download during MY primetime.

So yesterday I went ahead and told it yes, download a new guide. It did, it only took about 5 minutes and I had 9 days of guide. I figured that was all good now.

Today when I got up and checked, the 9 day guide was gone and it only had two days of info, again. REALLY??????? :wtf:

So it appears to me that this morning at 5am it couldn't find a 9 day guide to download so it just downloaded a two day guide and ERASED the 9 day guide I had just downloaded yesterday evening! :mad:

Are you kidding me????? WHY???????

PLUS, it had scheduled recordings according to the 9day guide. It then deleted those scheduled recordings! I time shift and I also record 5 minutes over the end time since most networks run over 2-3 minutes.
So I can't record back to back shows. I can record like, episode 44 at 8:00pm - 8:35pm but I can't record episode 45 at 8:30pm. I have to try and catch it on the 11:30pm repeat then record that from 11:30pm to 12:05am.
And sometimes, there are several shows on the same night that I want to record so I have to be able to look ahead days or even a week ahead to try and record the ones I have to miss. And if they won't repeat then I have to make a decision as to which one I really, really want and which ones to write off.

What can I do about this? It appears that I have no choice but to reschedule the stupid thing to do all this stuff at a different time. NOT COOL.......

It defaults to 3am. NOT CONVENIENT ! There is a 99% probability that I'll be awake and wanting to watch TV at 3am and there's a very good chance that I may have something scheduled to record at that time.

Seriously, this is totally stupid beyond stupid. Why can it not download a 9 day guide in the 45 minutes between 5am and 6am?

So I guess the real question is, what are the confirmed time frames that the 9 day guide is available for download?
I know for 100% certain that it is not there from 5am to 6am CST. :mad:

Thanks..
;):D

Dee I think you would have been happier if history channel would have stayed FTA..................;)

Is Dish installation mandatory?

Any way to change nightly update time from 1am to 3am?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts