9/20 HD Cinema Premiere Movies

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
The Chain Reaction **+ (1980, Action / Ad)​

Summary: When a catastrophic accident occurs at an atomic waste repository, a nuclear scientist is exposed to a lethal dose of radiation. He then tries to escape in order to warn the public of the terrible danger.

HD Cinema (104): Nina Takes a Lover ** (1994, Drama)

6303678580.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Summary: Laura San Giacomo, introduced to us in the gangbuster role in sex, lies & videotape (1989), only appeared in a handful of empty independent films or small parts in blockbusters (Julia Roberts' best friend in Pretty Woman) before nabbing the starring role in the TV series Just Shoot Me starting in 1997. Nina Takes a Lover, a trite, cute comedy, finds San Giacomo as a wife who decides she deserves a break today and jumps into a lovable affair with a visiting British photographer (Paul Rhys). To first-time filmmaker Alan Jacobs's credit, he takes a earnest road, but the movie takes itself too seriously. Nina narrates her plight to a journalist (Michael O'Keefe) who notes these things (do we know anybody like this?) and before you can say Red Shoe Diaries she's igniting her love life. The film might have been more successful if it stayed as light as a Sandra Bullock vehicle (While You Were Sleeping opened at the same time) although it showcases San Giacomo's leading-lady appeal and provides an interesting role for the brooding Rhys. There's a lovely score by Todd Boekelheide to boot. --Doug Thomas

Interesting, a more modern suck movie that was just on HBO or Cinemax! I saw pieces of this, I wonder how Voom's exclusive will look, if it will just be the same thing. I want Voom to add Bram Stoker's Dracula to MonstersHD.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the movie playing on Voom is "THE CHAIN REACTION". 1980 with Steve Bisley and Arna-Maria Winchester...

Zap2It does list the 1996 version as playing today. However, if you check out Voom's website for Cinema10, it lists "The Chain Reaction".

I'm at work right now, so can anyone verify this?

-John

Yup, definately "The Chain Reaction".

To be fair, it wasn't the PG's fault this time. Even on the promo Voom stuff, it was just listed as "Chain Reaction", so the PG was correct for the information it was told was on.

-John

jgantert said:
Yup, definately "The Chain Reaction".

To be fair, it wasn't the PG's fault this time. Even on the promo Voom stuff, it was just listed as "Chain Reaction", so the PG was correct for the information it was told was on.

-John
Huh? I guess I don't really care who's or what's fault it is. I blame Voom - they're the ones I send a check to, they're the ones who should be supplying what I pay for.
Who tells the PG what's on? Does someone other than Voom handle it? It just seems to me that the problems with the PG are almost exclusively involving Voom programming.
I stand by my original statement - the PG suck factor is exceptionally high. :(

Network Premieres shows in HD Tonight!

NLF HD Week 2 (Which game are you watching?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts