811 locals vs 311

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
I noticed some thing last nite as we just added a 311 box to another room.

On the 311 my locals are in memory just like their channel numer
EX NBC 14 is on 14
ABC 25 is on 25.

But this not true with the 811 box?

Now I added my local HD via OTA.

But why dont I have tv channel local 14 in the 811?

thanks

Trido

Its optional with the 811, because it doesn't know if you want your OTA analog locals there or your dish delivered locals.

You choose where you want the dish locals to display under DISPLAY OPTIONS where you setup your digital/analog locals.

Either way, that channel will show up as 14.0 (or 25.0). You can go to that channel DIRECTLY by keying in 0140 on the remote.

KyDave said:
Its optional with the 811, because it doesn't know if you want your OTA analog locals there or your dish delivered locals.

You choose where you want the dish locals to display under DISPLAY OPTIONS where you setup your digital/analog locals.

Either way, that channel will show up as 14.0 (or 25.0). You can go to that channel DIRECTLY by keying in 0140 on the remote.
thanks thats it I had to do a 007 for ch 7
thanks again

trido

The only shortcoming right now is that if you are getting OTA locals and turn on the satellite channel mapping is that you lose "extra" analog channels that Dish does not carry. If you for example have low power stations that you can pick up or out of market stations turning on mapping removes them from the 811, you only will see the local channels that Dish carries for your market.

To put your Dish delivered locals in 2-99 range goto menu 6-1-5, under "Local Channel Setup", then "Display Opts.", then check the box that says "Use Dish Locals".

As the other's have said, if you have any OTA analogs mapped this will not work. However you can map all your Digital OTA's and have them mapped side by side with the Dish delivered locals. (In Pic, white locals are Dish, Yellow are DTV OTA locals).

Jason

attachment.php

attachment.php

KyDave said:

Finally. Been trying to figure out how to tune my locals that I could use the guid for but could not key in on the remote like on the 311 or 522...

0xx0 or 1 or 3 or 3 or 4, depending on analog or DTV channel.

Changing default sports package

hdmi to dvi vs. component

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)