811 for OTA receiver

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
My local station I am having the PSIP and 811 problem want to borrow one of my 811 to get the problem resolved.

But when I unplug the cable from dish to 811 all I get is aquiring signal and that all

It doesnt appear they could take my 811 and receive their own HD signal not hooked to DISH sat system?

What if they havea 18" dish and point i toward one of DISH sat would that then work for just a DT receiver?

I am sure glad they take this interest and want a box to get it right.

thanks
Trido

trido said:
My local station I am having the PSIP and 811 problem want to borrow one of my 811 to get the problem resolved. But when I unplug the cable from dish to 811 all I get is aquiring signal and that all It doesnt appear they could take my 811 and receive their own HD signal not hooked to DISH sat system? What if they havea 18" dish and point i toward one of DISH sat would that then work for just a DT receiver? I am sure glad they take this interest and want a box to get it right.
thanks
Trido
Is it further to Duluth or by bus? You might be better off calling a Dish CSR and hoping for one that doesn't speak English.

trido said:
What if they havea 18" dish and point i toward one of DISH sat would that then work for just a DT receiver?
As you may have read, the 811 requires a satellite dish pointed at one of Dish's orbital locations in order to receive Over-the-Air (OTA) stations. The good news is you can use any DBS-compatible dish, so if your local station has a DirecTV dish and LNB that can be repointed, you can use that.

First, though, you'll need to clear the "Switch Matrix" in the 811 since the 811 will send out 19 Volts through the satellite input if it "knows" there is DishPro equipment connected. This might be hazordous to legacy LNBs, like a DirecTV or Voom set-up.

To clear this, run through the "Check Switch" (Menu-6-1-1) with your satellite disconnected. Your 811 will now be ready to test for legacy LNBs setups. When you get to the TV station, you should be able to hook up the 811, get into the System Setup Installation, plug in the zip ocde, select Dish 300, and pick 119 or 110 to get elevation and azmuth setting for the DirecTV dish.

2.33???

DISH Network Passes 11 Million Customer Milestone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)