8 tvs?

mikey77

Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Hello All,

I am new here =] I am helping my father in law set up his new house and he wants 8 tvs. Any ideas? You can only get 4 DISH DVRs per satellite correct? If he had 2x tvs per reciever...I guess that would work? But then he would have to control both tvs with the same remote...and would have to be close enough to the DVR to use the remote? Maybe two satellites with 4 recievers on each? Help!

More TV's

Supposedly with a Superdish, and the DP 34 switch, 2 additional switches can be installed facilitating 12 tv's. Never seen actually done though! :eek:

mikey77 said:
Hello All,

I am new here =] I am helping my father in law set up his new house and he wants 8 tvs. Any ideas? You can only get 4 DISH DVRs per satellite correct? If he had 2x tvs per reciever...I guess that would work? But then he would have to control both tvs with the same remote...and would have to be close enough to the DVR to use the remote? Maybe two satellites with 4 recievers on each? Help!

I'm not really technically savy but I'll take a stab at this. I have 5 TV's running off of what is called 'chained' DP34 switches. Switches are labeled with sat input from LNB's, sat output to receivers, and sat feed to subsequent DP34 switches.

Each LNB for each satellite(two in my case; 110 and 119) has a single wire running from the LNB to it's own sat. input on the first of two chained DP34 switches. LNB's must be Dishpro(I think) not Legacy type. The first DP34 switch feeds the second DP34 switch with 110 and 119 signal with two connecting wires to the second DP34 switch. Each DP34 switch has 4 spaces for wires out to Dish receivers. Thus with each DP34 switch you can run 4 feeds(two 522's or 4 301's for example). Thus with two DP34 switches you can feed 8 feeds(four 522's or 8 301's for example). Each 522 requires two feeds. Each 301 requires 1 feed. Each 301 can run 1 TV without any recording capability. Each 522DVR(in most cases) can run two TV's, one in the room where the 522 is located and one in a room at another location in the house. A 522 comes with two remotes, one to use on the TV which is in the room with the 522 and one to use on the TV which is in a room not with the 522.

For simplicity I have one 522 which uses 2 wires from the DP34 switches and three 301's which each use one wire from the DP34 switches And I serve four rooms in my house. My 522 does not serve another TV but I use the second feed for recording and other uses while I watch the first feed.

Hope this helps and I hope I haven't got anything wrong,
Cheers.

thnx for the feedback

Sounds easy enough...so each receiver would have its own remote then?

mikey77 said:
Sounds easy enough...so each receiver would have its own remote then?

Yes. For 301's(no recording ability) each 301 serves one TV and has it's own remote. For 522's(DVR) each 522 has two remotes; one which runs the TV located in the room with the 522(TV1) and one which lives with the TV in the other room but operates TV2 on the 522.

cheers.

While in the Mall a funny thing........

Installers: how much would you charge?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)