8 high power, 1 low?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Can't figure this one out. Just for an example I pick up, say 8 transponders with one station on each and have a "Q" of 75-78 on all of the stations. But, one transponder in the middle of this group has 1 station and it will only come in with a 40-45 "Q". I can not believe they send satellites up with some weak and some high power transponders. So, what gives?:confused:
RT

Spot beam and you're on the outer edge of that beam. That and from what I've read they can change the power output level on those individual TPs too.

Spot beam and you're on the outer edge of that beam. That and from what I've read they can change the power output level on those individual TPs too.
Can't go along with the spot beam. If so, I would not get any high "Q." Interesting on the owner power level adjustments.
Thanks, MS, I missed that post.
RT

Yep the thread that MS posted is the one to read. ;)

Individual tp can be spot beamed, dishnet has been doing it for years.

there are other possibilities too, modulation/system/fec etc can make a big difference. The size of your dish could be getting interfearence from other near by satellites, they may use that one tp, and not the others.

UDL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

custom dish ?

12 foot Patriot should i ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)