722 performance issues...dying?

thisismyusername

Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
MN
We've had the 722 for about 2 years now.

Debating whether we want to stick with Dish or not.

Recently, one thing has been really frustrating and that's the performance of the 722. It can be agonizingly slow at times. To the point where I can wait 30-60 seconds after clicking DVR before the menu pops up...then 30-60 seconds after clicking MY RECORDINGS, and so on as I try to navigate to a show. It can take 4 minutes total.

There was some sort of system upgrade a few months ago where half the menus now look a little different. Not sure if that was related.

The performance isn't ALWAYS bad, though. Sometimes it seems OK, other times, painfully slow.

In addition, the DVR is having a real hard time consistently recording shows. Some shows have lots of glitches. One major issue is recording PBS OTA. I'll get 3 seconds of good picture and sound, then the 'matrix' where sound drops, pixels form, and then back to 3 seconds of good picture and sound, repeat.

Are these all signs of a dying DVR?

Internal disk is dying. If you have the EHD option, then it's time to move programs before they're lost and gone forever.

My 722 is displaying similar problems. It has been getting very erratic rewinding or scanning recorded content, and will freeze during scanning ,then jump back to live TV. it seems to be worse OTA recordings. I also have been steadily losing my on demand content and am now down to only one title. My 612 has 15. Sounds like I may have a drive problem as well. Guess I have to "make the call"

My 722 has been real slow reacting to the remote control since the last software update. When I look thru the guide, I will hit the enter button two or three times, then it will jump ahead when finally responding to my remote entries. Same for all functions with the remote. Does not respond promptly. My 722 was replaced in September, so it should not be the hard drive.

Hmm...sounds like I have multiple issues...bad HD and bad software upgrade. I guess it's time for me to decide if I want to stick with Dish or jump to AppleTV/Hulu/Netflix setup.

Dish Remote Access Grayed Out

My 722k is not working correcty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)