722 and 211K hd hookup

harmonydave

Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Pavilion, NY
Hi,I'm new and have a question about hooking up these 2 recievers,
I have a 722 dvr and a 211k, a dish 500 and a separate single lnb dish,( for
61.5, I think):confused:, my question is
I originally had just the dual tuner and dish came out and hooked it up with one cable coming in split at the back of the 722 and then a diplexer for the 2nd tv, I didn't realize they had removed all my switches from the previous install,( 2 seperate SD dish recievers) , so do I need a dp34 switch to run both recievers in HD, or is there any easier way to hook this up? Thanks for any info you can provide:)

I climbed up and looked at the dish cabling and found the dish they mounted for HD has a coaxial running over to the other dish 500 , its hooked into the 119 location of the LNB and then the 110 off the LNB comes downs to a splitter or is this the diplexer, I don't know , and the 2 coaxials coming from my 2 receiver locations were attached , 1 on the side with one connection and the other on the side with 2 conn., along with that coaxial coming down from the 110 loc. on the LNB.
I took the 2 coaxials from the receivers and put them on the side with 2 conns. and the one coming from the LNB to the single conn. side and was able to find the satelites. but after authorizing the new 211 I'm having issues with the channels losing the sat. Now it is fairly windy here but this normally is not an issue with reception. Is this going to work or do I need a dp34 switch to hook the 2 dishes in and run 2 cables to the receivers?

repoint

I climbed up and looked at the dish cabling and found the dish they mounted for HD has a coaxial running over to the other dish 500 , its hooked into the 119 location of the LNB and then the 110 off the LNB comes downs to a splitter or is this the diplexer, I don't know , and the 2 coaxials coming from my 2 receiver locations were attached , 1 on the side with one connection and the other on the side with 2 conn., along with that coaxial coming down from the 110 loc. on the LNB.
I took the 2 coaxials from the receivers and put them on the side with 2 conns. and the one coming from the LNB to the single conn. side and was able to find the satelites. but after authorizing the new 211 I'm having issues with the channels losing the sat. Now it is fairly windy here but this normally is not an issue with reception. Is this going to work or do I need a dp34 switch to hook the 2 dishes in and run 2 cables to the receivers?

You really need an EA repoint (Eastern Arc). You are miss HD channels with the 119, 110, & 61.5 set of sats. Since you have all VIP units you would be much better off with the correct sat setup which is 77, 72.7, & 61.5 (EA).

I can reaim aT EA after I get this operational, at this point I need to know if I can use a dp34 or a splitter, once I hook up cable from DP lnb's that are daisy chained, 61.5 single to 119 dual , 110 dual down to 2-1 switch/splitter/? on the single port side, then off 2 port side, the 2 cables , 1 running to 722, the other running to 211k.
This results in the receivers losing sat signal and when you do a point at dish, it locks onto 119 or 61.5 for 2-3 secs. then turns red and reads 110 wrong sat. If I hook it up as described earlier with cables from receivers split to 2 sides of sw. the dual tuner works but 211k can't find any sats. Every time I run a check sw. in this configuration I get the warning that less sats have been found and I'll lose channels, so I'm afraid to save settings.
Thats what makes me think what I think is a splitter up near the dish is not, could this be the diplexer for running 2nd tuner on dual? and I just need to find a 1-2 splitter?
I'm between Rochester and Buffalo if that helps, Help!

You CANNOT use a DP34 without running the wing dish cable to the switch. The DP34 will disable the DishPro+ features of the DISH 500 that are allowing you to add in the wing dish and have only a single cable to the ViP722. Using a DP34 will require that you run a second cable to the ViP722 and a separate cable to the ViP211K.

You just need to run another cable from the Dish500 to the new receiver. You can't use a separator or anything that looks, smells or tastes like a splitter. You already have everything you need outside of the cable itself.

1000.4 plus 119 and 110?

OK this was funny:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)