721-Timer Conflict Screen-Unknown Boxes

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
When having a Timer Conflict I notice two extra boxes that were not there before and it will not let me select them either. At the bottom it says Done, Previous, Next, Help. It will not let me select Previous or Next and I have not noticed these buttons before. Does anybody know if they tried to add a new feature or if this was a fluke of a new feature they tried to add?

Whatever happened to the skip this timer once function? It used to let me do that but it has not allowed me to do that for a while. If you select "HELP" and then select "MORE" it will show information about the Skip This Timer Once function. It says that it is only available on recording timers (Weekly, Daily, Mon-Fri) and that it will function normally at its next occurrence. The timer that I chose was just a one time recording that caused the conflict with two other timers that were everyday and weekly so it should have worked.

On the 921 Previous and Next are used to allow you to scroll among the conflicts when there's more than one.

Skip Once only applies to recurring events. Works on my 921.

So if I have two DVR Events already that are Weekly or Mon-Fri and I wanted to do another one just once, it would also have to be Weekly or Mon-Fri, it couldnt be one that was to fire just once? I dont get why it depends on what type of timer it is, it should not make any difference.

Hi Stargazer, the only time that (skip this timer one time shows up) is when you have two timers set up and you are trying to add a third timer (by the way it makes no difference what kind of timer the third one is) Now if one or both of the timers you already have set up are repetable timers then and only then will you get the option to (skip this timer one time). It would make no sense to have an option to skip a timer that is only scheduled to record once. So that is why it does not offer you that option (skip this timer one time) I hope this will clear this up for you. :D

Both timers in each case are repeatable timers when I try to setup the "once" timers.

I tried as SimpleSimon suggested and that is the case, you have to go to select a timer that is a repeatable one before it gives you the option. Thanks for the tip SimpleSimon, this will help me out with the timers.

I thought that the repeatable timer did not have to be selected before in order for that option to come up, but maybe I am mistaken.

DISH Hardware = PC?

Smartcard "married" to a Receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)