625 installation questions

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
Press Menu twice and you'll see the SysInfo, it will tell you what kind of equipment you have. For a dual tuner (625) to work with a single cable you need a DPP Twin LNB. If you have just a DP Twin or a Twin you'll need two cable runs to drive the dual tuner.

What in the world? why is my post first? Strange...

kluken said:
She has an older dish so not sure which LNBF is up there.
Running "check switch" on one of the existing receivers should give you that information.

I'm guessing the clock on the server was wrong at some point prior to now.

Currently the GF has a 510 and a 301 in seprate room. The coaxs form the LNBF take 2 seperate paths to the different parts of the house. We want to replace both receivers witha single 625 and then have it feed both TVs. The question- Is there a way to drive both tuner inputs from a single coax from the LNBFs? I can run all the in house wiring, but wanted to avoid getting on the roof or paying an installer to rerun the second coax. Not to mention one wire comes down near the front of the house and now I would need thm both to be fairly visible up front. And does the 625 have to work with a newer LNBF? She has an older dish so not sure which LNBF is up there.

Looks like it is a DP-TWIN-2 so I assume 2 cables or a new LNBF which would make sense it is about 3 years old.

You got it. Either get at new DPP Twin and run one cable or use the existing one and run two cables to the 625 receiver and you're good to go.

Dish Network DVR

RV (waiver) and home receiver on same acct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)