625 can not activate

Dishusercan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
US
I ordered a 625 and when I got it they said they couldn't activate it because it was mpeg2, so why would I get one?

Probably a wrong tag on the account as I had mentioned before. Example: If our system shows that there's a 1000.4 EA on the account, it will not allow us to activate any MPEG-2 equipment. I'd recommend calling and trying again. Make sure the agent understands what type of dish is at your home, other then that, without looking at the account I couldn't tell you what's going on.

If you are in CA, you should be on the Western Arc (110/119/129), which still uses MPEG-2 and your 625 should work fine. It sounds like you got a CSR who was thinking of the Eastern Arc (61.5/72.7/77), which uses MPEG-4. Time to play CSR roulette and try for a more knowledgeable one.

I see Matt beat me to it. You could have a 1000.4 dish on WA, with a WA LNB. Most WA installs to date were 1000.2 dishes, but that dish is being phased out and the 1000.4 dish will be used for both WA & EA in the future. They just will have different LNB assemblies.

There are a few different reasons why it may not be able to be activated. I understand you have 119/110 at your home, but our system may show something else. In order to get it activated, you will need to call.

A CSR recommending CSR Roulette. Intresting....

I can activate it, or give a good reason as to why it can not be activated. However, Dishusercan (I assume the can is short for Canada per some previous posts) has been unable to provide me with enough info to do so. I'm not recommending CSR roulette, I'm saying that I can help him, but he doesn't seem to want the help from me.

I can activate it, or give a good reason as to why it can not be activated. However, Dishusercan (I assume the can is short for Canada per some previous posts) has been unable to provide me with enough info to do so. I'm not recommending CSR roulette, I'm saying that I can help him, but he doesn't seem to want the help from me.

Perhaps he thinks if he gives you his account number you will shut him off because he is in Canada.

This is distressing. I upgraded to HD and then to EA. But I kept my D500 up on the roof for my owned SD receivers. These are not currently activated and collecting dust in the closet. If I ever needed to reactivate one, I don't see why there would be any problem unless Dish removes my SD locals from 110. HD locals for Washington DC are on 61.5, and SD locals (with no HD equivalent) are also on 61.5 in mpeg-4. But all of them are still in glorious mpeg-2 SD on 110.

Guess he needs at least a 612 for a DVR, if he is going to cheat on the system he needs to understand the rules. Sell the 625 and buy a MPEG4 DVR for the Eastern Arc you are in.

I have a related question. If the install was originally done with an EA dish, can you later switch to a WA dish and request E* to change it on their system?
We'd be able to make the change, but depending on your DMA, we may ask that you switch back.

This is distressing. I upgraded to HD and then to EA. But I kept my D500 up on the roof for my owned SD receivers. These are not currently activated and collecting dust in the closet. If I ever needed to reactivate one, I don't see why there would be any problem unless Dish removes my SD locals from 110. HD locals for Washington DC are on 61.5, and SD locals (with no HD equivalent) are also on 61.5 in mpeg-4. But all of them are still in glorious mpeg-2 SD on 110.

This depends on what your account shows. Normally when someone goes EA, there is a tag put on the account that only allows MPEG-4 receivers to be activated, but we do have workarounds.

Remote Programming for iSymphony TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)