61.5 Pictures

chastulsa

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Anyone have any 61.5 pictures? compared to the 110/119. I am trying to figure an estimated pointing area?

Here is a Cheesy daigram which illustration is closest?

Again dont laugh I am no artist, LOL! Thanks!

Attachments

• SATDIAGRAM.JPG
    SATDIAGRAM.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 318
the easiest way is to break out the ol' compass and look up the azimuth on your dish rcvr for 61.5 in your zip code.

0/360 being due north

I found the easiest way for me to make the change (if you are already pointed at a satellite) was to figure out the difference in elevation and azimuth. For me it was from 148 to 61.5. (I think it was 20 degrees down and 100(?) degrees left). I used the program on dish's website to help calculate these numbers but I believe you can get the same info from your receiver.

The easy part was the elevation as it's marked on the dish and easy to change. I didn't have a compass so I measured the circumference of the mounting pole and calculated how far the the current mark would need to swing based on: (Az change / 360 ) * circumference of pole. I marked the current location and then measured how far to swing the dish and I got it dead on on the first try.

Now I'm Voom'in :cool:

Here ya go :)

far left is 61.5 and righty one is Dish 500 (the middle one is for free to air)

This is from Minnesota

Last edited:
You don't say where you are located. I am near Portland, OR and my 61.5 dish points about in between the 2 you drew that look East.

it wil look close to what mine is...sicne Tulsa is almost south of Minneapolis

the eleavtion will be different

elevation for Mpls 29.4
azimuth for Mpls 138

elevation for Tulsa 34.5
azimuth for Tulsa 130

so it will be a little east of where mine is

You mean you guys cant see the satellites in the sky? :)

Back when I was pointing my dish every day (damn apartment managers and their stupid rules), I got so good at it I could just eyeball it eventually.

E* HD Subs That Did Not Have VOOM

What stretch modes does the 811 have?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)