522 with only one dish feed

pbelb

Original poster
Nov 2, 2004
I've got 2 single channel receivers plus a 522.

The 522 is only being used really as a DVR, and not to drive the 2nd output.

The installers put in a Quad LNB, but at the time, didn't run a 2nd feed to the 522 - evidently because of the one tv being driven thing.

In any case:

The 522 seemed to work fine.

No problems whatsoever - no nagging screens complaining or anything.

Then, possibly due to a power spike, the Quad LNB had to be replaced.

Ever since this time, the 522 regularly shows the diag screen you'd see when the power has been turned off then back on - that there's a missing input, and asks you to go through some diag type steps before it will get on with the business of actually tuning into the sats, and showing the program.

I've spoken with the guy that came to repair it, and he seems to think that this behavior is normal.

My experience is though, that until the Quad repair/replace, the 522 never gave me any of this nagging.

What's the deal?

Oh, I understand that given my arrangement, I have a currently un-used LNB feed thanks to the Quad, but I've only got one cable running to the 522. I also gather there's a device available sometime soon that should let me squeeze two LNB connections via one cable, and back out to 2 separate connections into the 522, which should a) sort out the nagging, b) give me 'full' functional use of the 522. Who has stock of these devices, and what are they called?

regards,
peter

If you only have one line in from the LNB then only one tuner can be used on the 522. Maybe, before the LNB was replaced, TV1 (or TV2 if that is the remote you use) was the one connected and when they did the switch they also switched the sat input on your 522. Try switching the feed to the other sat input and see if that fixes anything.

Use what Max says as a test, but the x2x boxes will always exhibit strange behavior with only one tuner attached, and it only gets worse as time goes on. No, I don't know why.

if you only have 1 satellite input connected on a 522 you're gonna keep getting that message about only 1 input connected, or 004. I'm suprised you've even been able to get past those, alot of times when people have a matrix on input 1 that doesnt match input 2, you're stuck at the check switch screen until they match. Can't check signal strength, software, anything. I'd definately try to get whoever hooked that thing up to run the 2nd line, or do it yourself. Just gonna keep having problems with that in the future if not...

Roller I believe is assuming that the connection was to SAT1 input. If you hook up the single input to SAT2 and do a check switch, all diagnostics will step through and the program will eventually download and the box will update. Then you can hook the single input back to SAT 1 and do a check switch and everything will work well enough to activate the box. With a single SAT input you can still expect the failure regarding signal/LNB connections that require the check switch stuff every 24 hrs or so.

At least that's how it's worked for me so far...

DVR-522 HD Replacement

Wanna change the international program

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)