522 DVR receivers

Luanne

Original poster
Feb 26, 2005
We purchased Dish Network with the 522 DVR. We have had 4 different receivers of the same model installed. However, the same problem exists in that the recorded shows show satellite glitches and occasional loss of sound at fairly frequent intervals. We can't believe we are the only ones having this problem.

Luanne said:
We purchased Dish Network with the 522 DVR. We have had 4 different receivers of the same model installed. However, the same problem exists in that the recorded shows show satellite glitches and occasional loss of sound at fairly frequent intervals. We can't believe we are the only ones having this problem.

You got four 522s? That would mean that you shelled out close to $1000 to purchase three of them.

They "have had" which means they have gone through 4 of them. Sorry Luanne, its expected of the 522. I have always had that issue. Doubt that it ever will be fixed. So sad.

Briguy said:
They "have had" which means they have gone through 4 of them. Sorry Luanne, its expected of the 522. I have always had that issue. Doubt that it ever will be fixed. So sad.

Oh, they had them REPLACED. That makes a difference.

Thanks, Briguy

We thought so. It seems we will have to bite the bullet, break our contract and go back to DirecTV. My husband will not tolerate this poor quality for the price we are paying. :)

Luanne said:
We thought so. It seems we will have to bite the bullet, break our contract and go back to DirecTV. My husband will not tolerate this poor quality for the price we are paying. :)

When did you sign-up? If you signed-up under commitment, you probably signed up long enough ago that your commitment is nearly up. DHA with no commitment has been going on for a while.

Well, I'll add my 2 cents that will hopefully give you some hope. I got a 522 in June of 2004, and it started out having those problems of dropping the sound and the color fading in and out, but it seems to have been fixed with the software upgrades. I haven't had any problems in months, except for the occasional audio hickup in the playback of a recorded program. All in all, I'm very pleased with the quality of my 522. Hope this helps, it just seems like the only posts are the bad ones and nobody ever hears the good ones (probably b/c they are on the couch watching their DVRs) :)

This issue is better than it used to be, but still occurs frequently enough to be irritating. I expect they will eventually get it resolved.

SIRIUS to become a Premium Service? - NO

confuzed 921 lol :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)