5 Packages for under $50

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Dish Network is advertising 5 packages for under $50. Existing subscribers are probably asking what 5 packages are available at that price point. Heck, I didn't even know that they had 5 packages any longer. I realize that the price point is for new customers only but they do not advertise it as such.

Dish Network is advertising 5 packages for under $50. Existing subscribers are probably asking what 5 packages are available at that price point. Heck, I didn't even know that they had 5 packages any longer. I realize that the price point is for new customers only but they do not advertise it as such.

Surprisingly, they actually have more than 5 packages under $50:

Not Advertised (may not be able to do so if under commitment)
Welcome Pack $14.99
Dish Family $24.99

English Packages (Satellite TV Programming & Digital TV Packages - DISH Network)
Dish America $34.99
America's Top 120 $44.99
America's Top 120 Plus $49.99
Dish America Silver $49.99

DishLatino (DISH Mexico - Spanish TV Channels & Satellite TV - DISH Network)
DishMexico $19.99
Dish Clasico $32.99
Dish Latino Plus $37.99
Dish Latino Dos $44.99

However, I know you mean the new customer incentives. :)
Anyway, those receiver prices and extra add-ons will help subs go over that $50.
I hope that this helps someone in some way. :)
Please feel free to share any other packages that may fit the criteria.

They should have something that says immediately, DVR fee extra. It is misleading to advertise without a DVR fee included. Ten years ago, life without a DVR was typical. These days, it is one of the main reasons to stay with Sat/Cable/Fios. Not many people will go for Dish and not get the DVR service... hence it'll be $6 more, period! That $6 becomes a higher percentage of the bill the lower you go with the package price.

I find it very interesting that Dish is advertising these packages, that before, most people didn't even know about.

Not many people will go for Dish and not get the DVR service

I did. DVR sounds like it would be very useful, but the reason I came to Dish in the first place was because I couldn't afford a "real" cable package anymore (I could have done over-the-air-channels-through-cable or whatever, but to me that's just not worth paying for) and had already canceled it several weeks before. So, even though $6/month is a good rate for DVR, it wasn't something I was going to do when signing up for Dish. I grew up without DVR, and I'd venture to say most people did, so it doesn't seem like a necessity to me to make television worthwhile. Had I grown up today in a household with DVR, I might feel differently.

Keep in mind that Dish is a "last stop" for a lot of people who either can't afford other stuff or aren't willing to spend the extra money on other stuff. So these extras like DVR aren't an automatic sell for everyone. Heck, even people with cable don't always have DVR -- my parents have cable and they've never had it. I had cable and I didn't. This is kind of a "television enthusiast" (in a way) forum, so people are going to tend to think of that kind of thing as more essential than maybe the average Joe does.

Don't get me wrong, if they offered DVR for no additional monthly fee and send the box without requiring any sort of a payment, I'd sign up tomorrow. It sounds neat.

Yespage said:
They should have something that says immediately, DVR fee extra. It is misleading to advertise without a DVR fee included. Ten years ago, life without a DVR was typical. These days, it is one of the main reasons to stay with Sat/Cable/Fios. Not many people will go for Dish and not get the DVR service... hence it'll be $6 more, period! That $6 becomes a higher percentage of the bill the lower you go with the package price.

I find it very interesting that Dish is advertising these packages, that before, most people didn't even know about.

I sympathize with you, but I'm sure most customers, and most new customers, don't get DVRs. I wouldn't watch TV without a DVR, but most people don't seem to feel that way. Heck, we still get posts now and then about folks with DVRs not recording anything. Do they just use pause and replay?

Don't get me wrong, if they offered DVR for no additional monthly fee and send the box without requiring any sort of a payment, I'd sign up tomorrow. It sounds neat.

We did not get DVR because we did not want an extra monthly fee. I know someone may say it is just $6 more a month; however, if one has a second DVR receiver, then that is an additional fee of $17.00 (or possibly less or more depending on the receiver). If one has more than two, then it will be a lot more. Anyway, I wish I had known about the 211 and that the HD Duo receiver fee would go up $7 with phone connection credits to $14. It would have made sense for us to get 2 211s (had I known the price increases that would follow) instead of one 222k. The 211 does not have the DVR fee, but I do not think that it has On Demand. However, we probably would not care too much about that anyway. The only fees are the one-time fee (which is about $40) along with having or buying an external hard drive per 211.

922 or 722 with sling box?

Was wondering...any thoughts????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)