4DTV DSR 922 rec.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tommyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
I have a HTS-50 C/ku band rec and a fortec rec.
Can I get more FTA channels if I replace the HTS-50 with a General Instrument 4DTV, DSR 922 Satellite Receiver?

you might could possibly get more......

I've read that the 922 outperforms the other 4DTV receivers in the amount of channels that are receivable through the coded Digicypher 2 format. I checked out Lyngsat and there is about 66 channels in total that are receivable in North America. It's not as much as what is receivable via DVB which is 100+ channels (too lazy to count these but they are the most numerous on the list there). There are some channels that are on DC2 that has an advantage over DVB. They have two music channels in DC2, which are MTV Jams (Rap and Hip-Hop) and GAC (country music video channel similar to CMT). Add to that total the number of analog channels which totals about 20 in NTSC and you could receive a total of 86 channels through your 4DTV receiver. Do you know if your box can also do PAL to NTSC conversion on analog? If so, then you have the possiblity of adding 9 more channels which would give you an overall total of 95 channels. Still not as much as DVB, but it is a good amount of channels to choose from. That is, if you are in the right areas for reception. Some most noteworthy channels would be: CNN International, MTV Germany, MTV Indonesia, and MTV Pop. For more information on the channels I've mentioned, check out this link: http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/United-States.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OK, troubleshooting help needed :D

Fuse TV IA-13

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts