4DTV/Coolsat/Ku-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goober1

Original poster
Apr 22, 2005
I have a 4DTV on a 10-foot dish with a new Chapparal Corotor II and LNBs. I recently bought a Coolsat 4000+ and wired it in per instructions. The 4DTV and dish have worked great for years. When I scanned the channels with the Coolsat I only got C-band feeds. I decided to check the Ku-band channels with the 4DTV and couldn't get any. I am sure that the dish is peaked well.

Is there a Ku-band channel which is on air most of the time so that I can test my equipment?

Thanks for any help

How do you switch between your LNBs? with a DiSEqC switch? or a 22kHz switch? make sure you send the correct signal down the wire to switch to the Ku side

Also, does the Coolsat work on Ku? on C? on Both?

My question was not if it was capable, but if it is working for him... Sorry, I worded the question poorly.

He mentioned that his 4DTV was working on C-band, then connected a Coolsat, but was unable to get Ku on the 4DTV reciever (I think).. so I wanted to see if The Coolsat was working on what, if at all.

goober1 said:
I have a 4DTV on a 10-foot dish with a new Chapparal Corotor II and LNBs. I recently bought a Coolsat 4000+ and wired it in per instructions. The 4DTV and dish have worked great for years. When I scanned the channels with the Coolsat I only got C-band feeds. I decided to check the Ku-band channels with the 4DTV and couldn't get any. I am sure that the dish is peaked well.

Is there a Ku-band channel which is on air most of the time so that I can test my equipment?

Thanks for any help

Ku is touchy, it may need to be peaked more, try X4-603 on the 4dtv, its strong and free, and also X0-6?? its the only two channels mapped there, they are weak.

Great I'll try that, Thanks. and thank you ultastryon, thats what I was looking for

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cband feedhorn into KU with new ring or adapter

FTA Newbie Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)