3688 Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Is there anyway to re scan an entered frequency and not change the labeling on other channels that are stored? I scanned FR 11720 to find KEGS, which I did with no problem. When I check the stored channels on that FR, the labels are different and have to be re entered.

Diamond Jim,
I use the 3688 and have yet to discover a way to store some of the labels. you can change the names under channel manager and edit, but when you rescan you will only keep what the satellite is currently broadcasting. for example i have labeled WGNS RTN but when i rescan the sat. it will only read WGNS.

That's what I'm talking about. I put what satellite the channel is on next to the call letters so if other members of the family want to watch something when I am not at home, they know what satellite to go to.

Thanks Neil.

Just a thought, have you tried saving it to a favorites list, i wonder if it changes too makes the changes when you rescan? gonna try this one myself.

neil_kc1 said:
tried it diamond and it doesn't work either.

I knew that wouldn't work because I figured out to use favorites so you could delete multiple channels all at once instead of one at a time.

I thought that "nit off/on" controled that.

Run it by me again, what does NETWORK SEARCH and SEARCH OPTION do?

network search tries to scan frequencies with the same symbol rate (like DBS frequencies)

doesnt really work in the US

neil_kc1 said:
i thought network search scanned frequencies and looked for additional or newSR's?

So I should turn it off, right? Ice, that might me the reason that when I scan, I end up with those extra FRs that I was cryin' about in your thread. What do ya think?

neil
blind scan (smart scan) does search for new frequencies

network scan for the legals just jumbles up your list of transponders. I tried this on the Viewsat on G10 and it added like 8 frequencies like
0 freq
V pol
26660 sr

That feature really only works where you have lots of transponders with the same symbol rate (like a DBS slot)

Jim...I would turn it off. It really doesnt have a point

Status
Please reply by conversation.

UonTV Question

Ready to start!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)