311's and DPP separators

badcabala

Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
Amarillo, Tx.
I was wondering if anyone has tried to use a DPP twin to a separator and then 1 rg-6 line to each of two 311's. I dont know if this would work. Ive been told that the electricity only flows through the sat 1 side of the separator but number 1. the guy who told me that also says that the pivot bolt is the only reason 110 can be gotten w/ a dish 500 2. I havent heard of anyone trying this or any other reason this wouldnt work. let me know what you guys think

I was wondering if anyone has tried to use a DPP twin to a separator and then 1 rg-6 line to each of two 311's. I dont know if this would work. Ive been told that the electricity only flows through the sat 1 side of the separator but number 1. the guy who told me that also says that the pivot bolt is the only reason 110 can be gotten w/ a dish 500 2. I havent heard of anyone trying this or any other reason this wouldnt work. let me know what you guys think
SEPARATORS ONLY WORK ON DUAL TUNER RECEIVERS!!!!!:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Because a SW in the receiver know what on each tuner and contol and coordinate switching. Whe two different receivers connected they don't know a presence of each other and can send conflicting commands.

Because a SW in the receiver know what on each tuner and contol and coordinate switching. Whe two different receivers connected they don't know a presence of each other and can send conflicting commands.

Smith,

Actually it works like this. A Dual Tuner Satellite receiver has TWO TUNERS, Using a single Two Tuner DVR it knows which signals it needs and if it needs Two Different states it can signal the Connected Dish Pro Switches and LNBF's to send the proper state for Tuner #1 on the Normal Cable Transport frequency band, and the second for Satelite Tuner #2 on the second Band Stacked frequencies.

Since two seperate receivers can NOT communicate with either other, both single tuner receivers connected to a single Dish Pro Stacked feed, would send conflicting control codes about which state was needed. The only way to get this to work was if you were able to totally rewrite the receivers OS as well as coming up with a way for those two receivers to communicate with each other and to resolve the conflicts.

In a Two reciever one Tuner per receiver installation, each receiver could ask for one of up to Four Orbital slots, but once a single Tuner receiver asks for a Orbital slot it Expects and gets both Even and Odd transponders. Example a receiver asks for 119 it gets Even or ODD on the normal Frequency range, and the other 119 polarity on the Bandstacked Frequencies.

In a One Receiver two Tuner installation the Two Tuner DVR gets the Switches and LNBF's to MIX and Match what signals it needs. Example; Tuner#1 needs 119 Even, so the Switch supplies 119 Even on the Normal Frequency range, Tuner#2 needs 110 Odd, so the switch supplies 110 odd on the Band Stacked frequencies. The Two Frequency ranges travel down the single cable into the Dish Pro Plus Seperator so the Normal Frequency range is routed ONLY to one Sat Input of the receiver and the Bandstacked frequencies to the ONLY other Sat Input.

So the only way to get this to work on multiple receivers connected to the same ONE Satellite Cable would be to use ONLY 2 receivers per satellite feed and somehow devise a Sharing arrangment as well as a way to determine how to get the 2-way communication between two receivers without interference as well as determine which receiver is dominant with conflict resolution. In the end WAY to much work and software development with no real payoff.

John

Uplink Activity - 11/1/2006

New Dish receiver - DP422

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)