Status
Please reply by conversation.

cmarcum

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2004
North Carolina
Hi All, Newbie here. Is it likely that I would be able to recieve signals in the mid to upper 90's on my HDTV reciever ( Sony SAT-HD300) for sat's A & C and get zero signal on Sat B. On initial set up and alignment, I did recieve a signal from B briefly, then nothing. A tech at Direct TV said it would be unlikely I'd get that good of a read on A & C and nada on B. Likely equipment malfunction. So I go out and buy a 2nd dish and use that triple LNB. Same problem. The first dish is a Aspen Eagle and the second a Funai from Best Buy. Any clues as to what's up would sure be appreciated. Yes I'm a rookie at this. Thanks!

First thing I would do is check the connectors at both ends of your cable and check for shorts. Then I would run a temporary cable from LNBF to receiver to see if that takes care of your problem. If so, I would run new cable.

How far of a cable run do you have from your dish antenna to your receiver?

I have 25ft from the dish to the ground block, then at the moment, probably another 50ft to the reciever. The more I read posts on here, the more I think I need to route the cable more directly to my reciever.

ya, double check your pointing too, check your zip code in the menu... you could be on a wrong satellite... you did right taking it to a ground block... your total length is fine.

Ok...ya got me on that last one. I could be on a wrong satellte? How could I do that? I know I'm trying to capture signals from 3 satellites, but I could be on a wrong one? 'splain that one to me if you don't mind.
Thanks! :shocked

Pull up the menu and system setup
make sure your dish type is set to 3 LNB not 1 or 2
then look for Dish Pointing
check your zip code
This will give your
Azimuth - Elevation - and Skew ( tilt)

preset the elevation and the skew ( tilt ) to your area

Here in Charlotte Area its
SKew ( tilt ) 58 deg.
Elev. 39 deg.
Azimuth - 229 deg.

when I put the dish together, I preset the two and then mount it and sweep in the area I know the sat should be... If you dont have a meter... turn up the volume on your TV and listen or have a friend help you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rain Fade ugrade in central FL

Transponder question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)