Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Over the weekend, I decided to see if I could get KU band with a 18". Hooked up a test rig (see pictures) to my deck and decided to aim at 95, since it is only 2 degrees off my true south. Aimed it where I thought and was able to get CCTV with a 74 signal. What’s scary is I can get the same signal with my 30"!! I was able to get ABC News now at a 75 on IA6 (too bad the signal is warped and breaks up)

Couple other feeds I could get were Peoples Network (at 10%) and 3ABN (at about 80) on AMC4.

So I killed a half hour but was able to get some signals :D

Last edited:
no, the Pansat (since the Pansat has the most spazzmatic meter its easier for me) :)

The reason of the duct tape is the bracket was old so the bottom (where it would clamp together) broke off so I have 1/2 a mount :)

This is a good segway into my G10 findings with my 18" dish. I was able to get 12114 V 4444. I can get both channels BUT the skew needs to be close.

I have tried for the tube but NADA. I find 121 then go west a bit and scan.

I have yet to get IA 5 tho. See my old post for other findings.

Iceberg said:
no, the Pansat (since the Pansat has the most spazzmatic meter its easier for me) :)

The reason of the duct tape is the bracket was old so the bottom (where it would clamp together) broke off so I have 1/2 a mount :)

If you keep this up, you'll have to add the strong Ku transponders to the 18-inch FAQ thread. :D

Very true….but in this case, skew is very critical.

Since my true south is IA6, I could get IA6 & G3 without skewing the LNB, which helped out immensely. But to get SBS6 or G10 would take a major patience level (not one for that)

Plus my test rig isn’t the most stable :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Best Analog Receiver to buy?

Sadoun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts