120cm dish with C-Band performance - Now with HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is anyone able to get;

WB on Galaxy 4R C band 3780V SR 26000

or

CBS on IA6 C band 4080V SR 32362 and 4120V SR 32362

with their MicroBud?

jerryt said:
Is anyone able to get;

WB on Galaxy 4R C band 3780V SR 26000

or

CBS on IA6 C band 4080V SR 32362 and 4120V SR 32362

with their MicroBud?

Those are 2 channels I'd really like to get as well. Unfortunately, to date I haven't had any luck with my Primestar dish. I'm hoping someone will have more luck with the 1.2M dish and/or the Devo lnbf's.

I am getting WB with no problems. I haven't tried IA6 lately, but I will tonight.

WB on G4R is 4:2:2 so I can ofcourse only get it with my Twinhan card, but signal is strong. There are also WB east/west/mountain on G11. Thos come in great too, but hint is they will not scan in as PID have to be entered manually.

jerryt said:
Could you detail entering the PID manually?

I have the Twinhan and 421 LNB, but I have not mounted it yet.

What software do you use with your twinhan card? I haven't used Tinhan original software in ages so I can't help you with how to enter it through there. I use TSReader with VLC for all my Twinhan stuff. It is a bit pricey, but it is the best piece of software I have ever purchased. Maybe someone else can instruc how to enter PIDS manually on Twinhan software.

If you go to http://www.lyngsat.com/g11.html an look at the entry for WB, you will see VPID and APID listed there. PCR is usually the same as VPID.

vj9999 said:
What software do you use with your twinhan card? you will see VPID and APID listed there. PCR is usually the same as VPID.

Hey vj9999

I am running MyTheatre.

I know how to enter the SR 26000 but there is not a place for SID - VPID (What ever that is?)

Also Lyngsat only lists the SR.

Thanks

jerryt said:
Hey vj9999

I am running MyTheatre.

I know how to enter the SR 26000 but there is not a place for SID - VPID (What ever that is?)

Also Lyngsat only lists the SR.

Thanks

Actually on G11 it is at 3270H/26700 SR. Right under the symbol rate you will see listings for VPID (101,201,301) and in the column next to it APID is listed.

CharredPC said:
The THScan utility is pretty much a joke. I let it run for over 2 days and it didn't even get over 10xxx in frequency. It's just too cripplingly slow to use, unfortunately. Someday I'll find a nice cheap old STB with blind scan, and use that to search. Until then.... :no

I have a Pansat 2000 & let me tell you , the scan on it is slow .

But it works well on Pansat 2500A or Fortec Ultra .

Wyr

mdmm said:
Hi,
I am in Toronto.I have 35 and 18 inches 2 dishes and i have linear and circular universal/satndard LNBF.Is 120cm dish equal in size to 35 inches??
Kindly let me know if i can use this stuff to get (what) c-Band satellite.Can I get 55.5W ?
Do I need to buy a new Receiver(??) and LNB. ??.Currently I have Fortecstar Ultra.
Please help.??

1.2 m is about 48" .

The ultra ( with linear polarity C & Ku band LNB's ) will do digital C & Ku band TV .

If you want to do analog , you need a different ( analog ) receiver .

Wyr

dishMIKE said:
Michael I love looking at your forum. Is there any way to get it in english?
hi Mike!
Thx :eek:
The only way to use it in English is Babelfish or Google. Try Google's "Language-Tools" for translations.
But we also have some users they write in English:
For sale: 185cm dish / Actuator 18'inch / Antenna Mast

dishMIKE said:
Just looking at the pictures for ideas is great !
We were growing up with MacGyver and K.I.T.T. (Knight Rider) :D

Hi All,

I've been reading through this thread and seeing as I'm an eBay nut, I did a little research and came up with the following. I'd be interested to know if this would work. It seems to have everything you need. C Ku and Skew.

OK, I'm not allowed to post links yet, so goto ebay and put this number in the search field. 5756983098

Thanks,

Xevious2K said:
I've been reading through this thread and seeing as I'm an eBay nut, I did a little research and came up with the following. I'd be interested to know if this would work. It seems to have everything you need. C Ku and Skew.

OK, I'm not allowed to post links yet, so goto ebay and put this number in the search field. 5756983098

Link is to http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5756983098
That requires a way to control the Corotor servo motor, which most DVB STB and cards don't have.

vj9999 said:
I just tried something different. I took teh cone scaler anf put in ASC421. Without tweaking at all (just approximately setting it the smae way as the other LNBF), I get between 65-75% quality on TLN and around 50-60% on Pax mux. I don't get any breakups on Pax mux when watching on Twinhan (I have it slaved to Fortec).

Just got my nice new offset LNBF with cone Devo-hat scalar from EITS!
Thought it would help if I gave some stats on it and the DMS 421; I think they help explain why the above worked better ;)

Astrotel Precision LNBF
Output Freq. 950-1450 MHz
Noise: 20 k
dB Gain: 65

DMS International ASC421 LNBF
Output Freq. 950-1750 MHz
Noise: 13 k
dB Gain: 55

Looking inside these two lnb's, there's a distinct difference in design. I'm thinking that the Astrotel would be a better sacrificial lamb to try the Invacom/C-band LNB combination project (chopping the end off the back of the C and inserting the Ku). Instead of a metal wedge on the rear wall, like the 421, the EITS lnb has a metal rod about 1/4 of the way up the feedhorn, between the H and V elements. (See attached pictures, with colored arrows pointing at the back wedge and metal cylinder.)

Still waiting on the 1.2m Patriot dish to arrive to try these lnb's out. I think I'll need to modify my DPC dish mount or beef up a few old DTV dish mounts, to make my dish light enough so my SG2100 doesn't cry and smoke ;)

Attachments

• lnbfs1.jpg
    lnbfs1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 168
  • lnbfs2.jpg
    lnbfs2.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 203
  • lnbfs3.jpg
    lnbfs3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 203
Has anyone tried this with a 1m Winegard dish yet?? :D

C/Ku combo

CharredPC, Im pretty fearful about subjecting lnb's to any tooling, vibrations could damage electronincs. I do have a short piece of aluminum tube same size as C band lnb wave guide. I believe I could machine it to adapt to Ku lnb, using C band scaler. I'll take a shot at it tomorrow. First have to fix busted tie rod end on my hammered truck.

C/Ku combo tests

The first photo shown here was a test relative to concerns of cutting out the back of a C band lnb and attaching Ku. I machined this tube at 2am and my .03 was on the dish so used another Ku. The Ku by itself had a 45% qual on 12114 V 4.444 , G10. The C band test adapter didnt seem to improve or diminish quality, ......so may tend to lend itself to the thought of cutting out the back of a C band lnb. If I can successfuly remove the electronics from one, I may take a shot at it. On page 17 of this thread, I posted a photo of a dual feed. Ive always since wondered if I could do this with C/Ku. The second photo is of the C/Ku adapter. Third photo is of the adapter setup. While the adapter didnt seem to diminish the C band quality , it did nothing for the Ku. Tried adjusting scew on Ku, focal point, various things.....still 0.

Attachments

• Ku to C adapter.JPG
    Ku to C adapter.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 213
  • C Ku combo adapter.JPG
    C Ku combo adapter.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 204
  • C Ku adapter setup.JPG
    C Ku adapter setup.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 263
C/Ku combo

Some one has just past on a link to a Russian site much like this one. They are way ahead of us on this combo issue !!! Links will be posted as soon as parties are in agreement.

Attachments

• C-Ku Russian.jpg
    C-Ku Russian.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 231
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DSR905 on a KU only system

StarChoice Quad LNB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts