110/119 Signal Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mab1958brown

Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
Just recently, I have not been able to get 110/119 signals simultaneously. I can get 110 or 119, but not both. 119 has been weak for a while, but I could get ok signal at night. So, I decided to try to fix it. This is quite perplexing. If I loosen the screw that holds LNB-C (110) in place, I get excellent signal strength on 110, but none on 119. If I tighten the screw, 110 goes away and 119 comes back. So, loosening and tightening the screw on LNB-C changes whether I receive 110 or 119. I get a good signal on one, but the other is flat. Also, depending on the time of day, I may receive the 110 signal and then later in the day the 119 signal.

My receiver is the Hughes HD-86 with the combined LNB adapter multiswitch on the dish. I have had this configuration for 2.5 years.

Thanks.

RE: 110 &119 sats
Try a repointing trick: set the signal meter to the 101 sat..........transponder 23............turn up the volume
so you can hear it at the dish or use a meter.......+the mast MUST be plumb..........peak the 23 transponder for your az (the two back bolts) then el (the side bolts)......verify the correct tilt.

If you have real good signal on 101 / transponder 23 the other sats should be there also because 23 is common to all three sats.

Works for me.

Joe :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

True Satellite Professionals Wanted

Adding a new receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)