1000.2 dish problems

mmcl26554

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Northern WV
I have one 211 receiver connected to a 1000.2 dish. Suffers a complete loss of signal, switching to another port brings them all back. A few days later complete loss of signal, switched back to original port and all channels returned. There is a 3rd port which I will try the next time I lose signal, but I think I need to replace something. Here are my options (please help me decide on the best).
1. Connect a DP 44 switch (I have one I am not using at present)
2. replace the LNB's with known working ones off a SuperDish 105 with the re-point kit using a 3 LNB "Y" and a DP34 switch. (the "Y" may fit the 1000.2)
3. Replace the entire dish with the aforementioned SuperDish 105 with the re-point kit and DP34 switch
4. ????????
M

I have the equipment to do the other options so it would be cheaper, and since I am a Scotsman $$$ matters. Actually the addition of an external switch either a DP34 or DP44 would be the simplest or as simple as replacing the LNB trio.

I have the equipment to do the other options so it would be cheaper, and since I am a Scotsman $$$ matters. Actually the addition of an external switch either a DP34 or DP44 would be the simplest or as simple as replacing the LNB trio.
If your having trouble with the DPP LNB, putting a switch into the system isn't going to help, seeing your conecting it to the LNB that is giving you problems. Check eBay.com for cheap 1000.2 LNB's. Even cheap for a Scotsman. :)

Yea I agree its most likely an lnb issue.There are several threads concerning issues with both the 1000.4 and 1000.2 lnb.

Would all 3 lnb's go bad at once? Does anyone know if the 3 lnb adapter from a repoint kit for a superdish 105 is the same as is used with the 1000.2? I have one of these and if it fits then I could replace all the lnb's and add a DP34 switch. In any case I plan to try the DP34 switch with the current LNB's on the 1000.2 if that works I'm back in business. I'll post back what works.
M

Here is the update on my 1k.2 problems: The 105 repoint "Y" did not work the LNB's for 110 & 129 were not aimed properly and did not receive signal. So that is out as a solution. What I did find is the receiver was not putting out any voltage to power the 1k.2. I connected up a spare receiver and that worked, for 24 hours. It seems the 1k.2 is drawing more power than the receivers want to put out. Plan C I should have tomorrow or the next day the Triple LNB adapter for 3 single LNB's and will connect them to a DP34 switch. Dish is sending a replacement receiver for the 211k that is not putting out any power. If the new receiver does not arrive by the time I have the 1k.2 dish fixed I will power the LNB's and switch with a DP44 power adder.
m

Dish America Lineup Card

How long to be a new customer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)