Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmf243

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Cutting Edge
Sep 6, 2004
Pine Grove Mills, PA
I've been waiting for a conclusion to my saga before posting the synopsis. I moved from Pittsburgh, PA to Long Island, New York at the end of June and had set up my initial install for July 3. July 3rd came and went, installer no show (a Directv scheduling gaff). Next install July 5, installer came at 6:30pm and stated they needed a 40 foot ladder. Rescheduled for July 7, installer came out without the 40 foot ladder, even though it was on the work order, and states my 3 story apartment building is too tall for it (a 27 foot high building). At this point I have received $40 in credits to my bill. Rescheduled again, this time the crew came out with a 40 foot ladder but said "I don't have time for this" and left within 5 minutes with their excuse being they did not have the 5lnb dish that was noted on the work order that was needed for the install (an all out lie). Rescheduled again and installer came out at 8:30pm (after dusk), at night yet again without a 40 foot ladder that I personally saw noted on his work order. Finally was escalated to a senior tech who no showed twice with varying excuses and then finally came out but didn't do the install because he needed a special mount for the roof. Finally today 2 senior techs and two underlings who had closed previous installs as being "completed" returned and performed the install. Through this whole ordeal I have never come in contact with so many lying/lazy installers in my life. I lived in Philly and Pittsburgh with numerous installs and tech calls that went flawlessly. The end result is $80 in no show credits, free showtime for 6 months, $10 off HBO for 6 months, free HD package for 4 months, $10 off total choice plus for a year, a new H20 receiver and hookup for my HDTiVo and SD TiVo to a new 5lnb dish.

Now that I am installed, I have a few questions I was wondering if anybody would be able to answer:
1. I went to check the signal strength on the new sats with the H20 but most come up 0. Does anybody know which transponders are live in the NY area? (I tuned into the Mets and Yankees games today so I know I am getting some sort of an MPEG 4 signal.)
2. There is obviously a multiswitch up by the dish but I am not sure how they are getting power to it as there are only three cables entering the front of my apartment and two in the back, all going to sat in ports on my receivers.
3. The H20 has a small gray box the size of a matchbox car attached between its sat in and the cable to the dish, is this how the multiswitch is being powered?

moving company

Finding a reliable moving company nowadays would be a hard thing to do. You must search for the perfect one to do so. Review the company history; client’s testimonials, standards, vision and mission can help you to find the right one. Good luck in your search!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

3LNB install - short-term use of my HR21?

NFL Sunday Ticket Player Tracker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts