OTHER Zinwell 6x8 multiswitch

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
I recently got several of the Zinwell 6x8 multiswitches for very cheap. I already knew they would work as a 4x8 multiswitch and wondered if the two "flex" ports were in any way usable.

Browsing around last night I stumbled upon this, which describes some research about 12 years or so where some of our high-IQ members figured out the proprietary DiSEqC-like signaling these use for those two "flex" ports:
Apparently once a thread gets a certain age it can't be replied to anymore, so here I am creating a new thread referencing it.

I was wondering, does anyone know if anything happened since? Have any STB manufacturers incorporated this type of signaling into their devices so that these other ports could be used? I expect the answer is a big fat NO but maybe it's been done?

Reactions: FTA4PA
I just discovered that the WB68 appears to pass the 22kHz tone to the LNB. My Eutelsat 117W dish is a Quad Universal and both high and low band channels are working, this is something the Zinwell MS4X4WB-Z switch definitely could not do.

Last edited:
Reactions: primestar31

OTHER Cascading DiSEqC switches

AMIKO Amiko Mini HD265 clean up TP list