why so easy?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CbandLover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
Probably been discussed before and I missed it, but why is it so easy for me to get AMC9 and SBS6 analog fta with my Primestar and a Toshiba trx1820? Seems like I can't get anything else with it. I am using my Satfinder and hitting stuff, but I am assuming most of it is DBS power that I am bumping into. Any thoughts/suggestions? Are they just more powerful than other ku sats?

AMC9 is out of my range. But the only satellites I've been able to find any analog Ku-Band on at all is G11 and SBS6...with SBS6 the best by far.

Not sure what you mean by, "Can't get anything else with it." But if you mean
analog FTA Ku-Band, there just isn't much out there.

exactly

SBS6 and AMC9 have the most analog
G11, AMC3, IA6 and G10 have some SOMETIMES
nothing on the rest

PipeDream said:
AMC9 is out of my range. But the only satellites I've been able to find any analog Ku-Band on at all is G11 and SBS6...with SBS6 the best by far.

You can see SBS6 and Galaxy 11 but not AMC9? AMC 9 is inbetween these two sats, how is it out of your range?

G13 had some interesting analog video on it of some sort on it the other day. I was like a surveliance camera with no sound. Check it out.

Wholeshoe

Thanks

Thanks, guys. Just wanted to know if I was doing something wrong. I am trying to convince the boss to let me get a 2500a. Until then, I have to make do with this stuff. : )

Yeah, TREE. I also can't hit Nimiq2. But maybe not for long.

The boss wife? :D
Yeah, compared to analog Ku-Band...there are a LOT more digital Ku-Band signals out there. Yet, sometimes there are a lot of analog sports feeds you can catch. Nothing
as dependable as digital though, and that may not be saying all that much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Invacom announces the CP/LP LNBF

A little help/advice?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)