why cant i get echostar 8 but i can get 6 well part of it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

djnrg787

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
I hooked up my dish network box and it says im on 110 with over 100 signal but when i go back to my fta reciever to get tp 19 on echostar 8, nothing. whats up with that is 8 gone and replaced with 6 or did they change everything on 8?

Maybe your antenna settings are incorrect? Thats most likely the culprit.

im almost 100% sure they r right cause they are the same for 119 except for the dl freq and it works fine on 119

Why dont you upload your channel list info from your box and send it to me so I may review. Which FTA STB are you using? Also what type of dish/lnb combo are you using? Any external switch? Internal?

Try Frequency 12341 R on tp 9. That's Gol TV, and the last time I checked, it was the only free TV program on Echostar 8.

This is dangerously close to hack talk. Please keep in mind that there is no hack talk allowed on this sight :) so please be careful. As we all know that there are a few ligit channels you can get of of e*'s birds. Just a frendly reminder.

TP19 has a barker according to Lyngsat.

I'm betting that this is either a case of trying to use a DishPro LNB with an FTA receiver or the L.O. is set wrong on the FTA box.

Shawn

Shawn even if he was using a DP LNB it should work on TP 19. TP 19 is a vertical transponder. Im still not sure why he is looking at TP19 in particular as there are no FTA broadcasts that I know of on that TP. I'm still waiting on him to either post his channel list so I can review his antenna settings or have him type out everything he sees on his screen. Either way its an antenna setup problem for sure.

well im just trying to get tp 19 which according to this site has some free stuff on it so its not hack talk, and i am using a dish 500 with a viacast quantum msr fta box. i have the symbol at 20000 and the lnb lo at 11250000 at 18 volts at a downlink of whatever lyngsat says it is.

Ok a Dish 500 but what type? Dish Pro? Legacy? You'll find that quite a bit of FTA STBs arent compatible with Dish Network switches. I need more information about your setup to help you.

im pretty sure its pro with the dual lnbs and im skipping over the switch cause it doesnt work with my box

i also cant get a few sets of the music on 119 only like 2 which is strange everything else is good.

Take a look at the LNB and see if it has in black letters "DP" on the front of it. If it does go to your antenna settings and make sure 119 is committed to Diseqc port 1, 110 to Diseqc port 2. Also make sure you have 22khz tone turned off.

Theres a good chance you have a DishNet switch somewhere in line that is incompatible with your FTA STB. Unfortunately any changes I suggest will probably throw off your Dish Network box. It really isnt worth the hassle for Nasa, Gol and music. Sorry bud.

i took the switch out and just swap between 110 and 119 but i dont have the dish service so i dont use that box. i only have a dish 500 right now and saw the free channels on this site for 110 tp 19 and wanted to see if i could get those.

djnrg787 said:
im pretty sure its pro with the dual lnbs and im skipping over the switch cause it doesnt work with my box

I just ran one of those dishes with the same type of LNB that you were talking about I think. I had 100 percent quality and sig strength and got 20 preview channels on various tp’s, 6 music channels and the like. I dunno, perhaps your LNB is DBS. The funny thing was that when I was playing with my pansat 2700A today I could not grab NASA at all with that dish network crap. So yea, for just a few music channels and NASA; I don’t think it’s worth it at all. If you don’t have it already, throw a DVB LNB on there.

To make a long story short, and considering the same situation –which I think I was in today, sort of- I ended up setting my FTA box up on the same dish but a different LNB all together. I zip tied a DVB LNB to the existing dish pro DBS LNB and ran my FTA stuff. My friend wanted to watch other stuff on his pay service bahahahaha. He got his way and I got mine.

djnrg787 said:
I hooked up my dish network box and it says im on 110 with over 100 signal but when i go back to my fta reciever to get tp 19 on echostar 8, nothing. whats up with that is 8 gone and replaced with 6 or did they change everything on 8?

TP19 doesnt have the FTA stuff....its only scrambled.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurobird 1

Software for lifetime ultra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)