Which receiver would be the better

Status
Please reply by conversation.

whitehorse

Original poster
Nov 9, 2004
I install satelite systems and am looking to purchase FTA receivers for use off telestar 5 /amc /galaxity satelites internation legal only .looking at em tech and others. like coship /fortec /bec which would be the better ones with the least problem. :confused:
thanks brian whitehorse yukon

whitehorse said:
I install satelite systems and am looking to purchase FTA receivers for use off telestar 5 /amc /galaxity satelites internation legal only .looking at em tech and others. like coship /fortec /bec which would be the better ones with the least problem. :confused:
thanks brian whitehorse yukon

Welcome to Satelliteguys ! We're glad you're here.

Please give us a little more info as to what you are interested in viewing.

For example, if you're interested in news/wild feeds, a receiver with blind search would be a great choice, like a Satwork 3688.

If you're into PBS on AMC 3, then you'd need a receiver that outputs AC-3 audio and an audio receiver that accepts that format.

Again, welcome !

Hi, Tood
Thanks for quick response
A receiver with blind search sounds good. What's difference between Satwork 3688 and Lifetime Ultra? My friend bought Fortec Lifetime Ultra from www.4fta.tv 2 weeks ago. Haven't had a complaint yet. Pros? Contras?
Brian

Welcome Brian!

I moved this post to the general FTA section so more people would be able to help :)

So, you're up in Whitehorse, huh? You would need a larger dish than what is normally recommended. Normally a 30" (76cm) would do, but you would probably need at least a 1 meter dish to pick up some of the stuff. It also would help with rain fade (or snow fade) :)

I have a Pansat and a Viacast and have had a Satwork. If you want to search for new stuff, a receiver with a smart search or blind search is a necessity. Other than a couple hiccups when scanning and picking up a HD channel, the Pansat works good. I did like the Satwork, but that didnt have capability for a motor.

Hello from sunny Yukon, Iceberg!
Does Lifetime Ultra work with rotor? Which motor is able to move dish 1m and up?
Brian

The SG2100 will move dishes up to 1.2 meters

yes the Ultra does. It has to have DiseQc 1.2 or USALS to run a motor.
1.2 moves the dish
USALS moves the dish automatically

whitehorse said:
Hello from sunny Yukon, Iceberg!

according to weather.ca, sunny and cold :)
-11 is pretty chilly...16 here
(for you non metric people, its 12 there and 60 here) :):D

Have anyone ever installed the rotor in a colder weather (-20C and lower)?
How about wind resistance?

I live here in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and it gets kind of cold here, my motor has never missed a beat even on the coldest day of the year, wind can be a problem that's why you should always mount the dish as low as you possibly can, in saying that my dish and motor are on the roof and have not budged in two years of operation (constant) periodically I return to the roof to re-peak and every time so far I have never needed to move anything, this last weekend I removed my reflector and gave it a hot soapy wash down, it seemed to help slightly with the signal quality.

I'm about 30 miles from Pete (PSB) so I know it can get cold here (-25F) and my motor has no issues. My dish is on the roof (townhouse) and she whirls like a champ :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Any ESPN Sunday Night Football Live feeds?

DiSEqC Switch question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts