Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Hi,

May be switching to Directtv in august. I live in a complicated area surround by tree so I want to make sure I do have a line of sight for direct satellites. could anyone please tell me the position for Direct birds (the current and the future ones)? Currently I have dish and Evu and I am able to get sats 110, 119, 148 and 82/91 (for evu). No line of sight for 61.5.

Thanks!

The main bird is 101w. The current triple LNB dish (PhaseIII) looks at 101w/109.8w/119w. The new dish, yet to be officially disclosed, will be 5 LNB, but if you can use the PhaseIII, good money says you will be fine with the new one. Spaceway-1 will be located at 102.8w

Here is great link to look at if you have never done so before. It shows the current orbital slots for "packaged services" like DirecTV and DishNetwork. http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/america.html

DirecTV (US) also has slots @ 72.5w, 95w so you can see if there are things on those that you might need to see, such as locals or foreign programming. This does not take into account IF DirecTV decides to move stuff around once the new birds are fully operational; just the current situation.

charper1 said:
The main bird is 101w. The current triple LNB dish (PhaseIII) looks at 101w/109.8w/119w. The new dish, yet to be officially disclosed, will be 5 LNB, but if you can use the PhaseIII, good money says you will be fine with the new one. Spaceway-1 will be located at 102.8w

Here is great link to look at if you have never done so before. It shows the current orbital slots for "packaged services" like DirecTV and DishNetwork. http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/america.html

DirecTV (US) also has slots @ 72.5w, 95w so you can see if there are things on those that you might need to see, such as locals or foreign programming. This does not take into account IF DirecTV decides to move stuff around once the new birds are fully operational; just the current situation.

Thanks!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Why is there no information on the music choice channels?

MLB Extra Innings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)