Which LNB to use?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well I have 3 tyoes of lnbs. Which one should I use with the 80cm and motor?

Sadoun KUL1 .4 Standard, Fortec Universal .4 or a Foretc Universal .3?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Larry

So you got your motor?I think the universal lnb will take a little longer when you do a blind scan and I don't really think there is a big difference in the .3 & .4 noise figure so I would use the standard .4.

Dave

It is tied 50/50! Yes, I orderd the motor Monday am from Pete (PSB) and it was here Wed AM! Who is going to break the tie now?

it depends on which program you want to watch. some of the atlantic birds you will need a universal if you not interested in those you can use the standard. so really up to what you want to watch.:)

Other than Cubavision on PAS9, a Standard is all you need

Blind scans take longer with a Universal

If I was one of those hippie/new age/college types, I'd just tell you to "Do what feels right."

That advice come in real handy when you're trying to diffuse a bomb and there's no red wire to cut. "Hey, guys, which wire to I cut, there isn't a red wire".
"Just do what feels right, Hammer".
Kaboom!

Anyway, I suggest sticking with the standard. Blind scan is quicker and I imagine that you'll be sending that dish all over the arc scanning as much as you can once you get the motor on it.

Its best to use the BEST quality LNBF that you have, with the lowest noise value.

Be it Universal or not (As long as you do not use 22KHZ switches with a Universal)

If you do use a Universal you can simply use 10600 as the L.O. with the 22KHz ON.

Iceberg said:
Other than Cubavision on PAS9, a Standard is all you need

Blind scans take longer with a Universal

I only have a standard LNB and the Traxis 3500 will get Cubavision without a universal, I tried getting it with my Neusat and it won't pick it up with the same LNB.

Why the Traxis can get it without a Universal LNB I don't know.

Thanks all for the tips! I have the standard on for now. My next purchase might be a fancy lnb :) Will put update in other post.

larry you said you were hooked before well look out and your new setup will probably act just like PSB's avatar.LOL.
Buy the way how much torque should be used mounting the moror to the post?

Dave

Be careful not to overtighten the U-bolts holding the motor bracket to the pole! These cross-thread VERY easily.

Just thought of another tip: If you're using a 2 3/8" pole to mount your motor on, go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get the bracket that holds a gate onto a fence. Bolt that bracket onto the pole just beneath your motor bracket. It will keep the motor bracket from sliding down the pole when you're adjusting azimuth on the motor/dish assembly :)

Can't find my pics of this, I'll try to post them tomorrow :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Am I wasting my time?

How to slave coolsat 5000 to an orb-7500 analog receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)