Which AZBox to buy

Either the Premium Plus or the Ultra. The Plus adds a few nice features (wireless ethernet, VFD front panel display, and two tuner option) which you can compare on the Azbox website but otherwise they are functionally the same. There have been power supply issues with the Plus which to date have not been an issue for the Ultra. I have an Ultra connected to a motorized 1M Dish and it works well.

What kind of receiver do I need to have to get all the PBS stations on AMC-21. I have an old Pansat 2500A and an 8.5' solid "C band" dish. I get a good lock on the DVB PBS but can not get anything on OETA or LPB, both of which are DVB-S2 and 8PSK. I also can not get the HD programming.
I don't know much about DVB-S2 or 8PSK. Are they more difficult to receive.
Bill P.
4DTV, Pansat 2500A, 8.5' solid dish

An Azbox Ultra would probably be the best new one to buy, although the Sadoun Sathawk is now competitive ( but it cannot decode 4:2:2 video) . The Sathawk is less expensive than the Azbox Ultra. Used receivers occasionally show up on Ebay, the Coolsat 8000 is one that would fit your needs , if you can find the right price. The CS8000, though , does not blindscan, nor does it render 4:2:2 video. Any of these boxes can do the job on the AMC21 channels.

DVB-S2 8psk channels have twice as much data per quadrature as QPSK channels. This calls for typically a larger dish, or a better aimed dish, to get the same reception. DVB-S2 channels that were "tough to lock" on my 90cm dish, became much easier to acquire when I switched to a 1.0M dish. There is that little factor of "bigger is better".
:)

DVB-S2 8psk channels have twice as much data per quadrature as QPSK channels. This calls for typically a larger dish, or a better aimed dish, to get the same reception. DVB-S2 channels that were "tough to lock" on my 90cm dish, became much easier to acquire when I switched to a 1.0M dish. There is that little factor of "bigger is better".
:)

Yes, bigger is better. But, I don't seem to have trouble with 8PSK on my 90 cm. Sometimes the firmware affects the receivers ability to lock signals. It'll be interesting how well my new 12 footer will bring in DVD-S2/8PSK when I get it aligned - waiting on a Vbox-X.

I am thinking about getting the Azbox Ultra since there is a power supply problem on the premium plus, do they all go directly into PAL format when turned on for the 1st time?
If so does anyone have the link where it discusses how to get it into the non PAL format?

My place is getting loaded down with all these different receivers. Pansat 9200HD; Unity Motion HDR 1000A used to watch the first HD World series game; Satwork ST3618 Mpeg Receiver; Hyundai HSS-100C (old Mpeg 2 receiver from 1997); DSR 4200-V DCII receiver; plus several different Satellite dish receivers used to move several different size dishes from 3' to 10'.

I am thinking about getting the Azbox Ultra since there is a power supply problem on the premium plus, do they all go directly into PAL format when turned on for the 1st time?
If so does anyone have the link where it discusses how to get it into the non PAL format?

My place is getting loaded down with all these different receivers. Pansat 9200HD; Unity Motion HDR 1000A used to watch the first HD World series game; Satwork ST3618 Mpeg Receiver; Hyundai HSS-100C (old Mpeg 2 receiver from 1997); DSR 4200-V DCII receiver; plus several different Satellite dish receivers used to move several different size dishes from 3' to 10'.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-d...-ultra-hardware-blind-scan-test-new-post.html

I wanted to buy a AZBox with the 8PSK feature
Which is the best one to consider

Thanks

Tony

Be-live me don't buy a azbox premium plus power supply is defected and Opensat
don't care to much about this receiver warranty. My power supply die on me two weeks after i got the receiver and i haven't receive nothing from them that have been now little over a month ago . Don't waste your money .

machito6 said:
Be-live me don't buy a azbox premium plus power supply is defected and Opensat
don't care to much about this receiver warranty. My power supply die on me two weeks after i got the receiver and i haven't receive nothing from them that have been now little over a month ago . Don't waste your money .

Had mine for 3 weeks.. Working fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)