Where to buy an Azbox?

DJ Rob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Denver, Colorado
Hey everyone, been away for a bit but I'm interested in getting back into FTA and buy an Azbox. I was given Azboxusa.com as one source, but that is no longer active. Also, a search on Ebay for "Azbox" does not bring up anything. Are they no longer made? Is there another receiver that is replacing it? Thanks!

Hey everyone, been away for a bit but I'm interested in getting back into FTA and buy an Azbox. I was given Azboxusa.com as one source, but that is no longer active. Also, a search on Ebay for "Azbox" does not bring up anything. Are they no longer made? Is there another receiver that is replacing it? Thanks!

I bought an Ultra off of Ebay from a guy in Miami about a month ago and at that time he was the cheapest price @ $259 plus shipping. He doesn't always have an ad up so if you wait a week or two he will likely have them back up.

There is also an AZbox dealer in Canada that I started to buy from but the shipping charges were what broke the bank on that one. He is a member here and stated that he was working on finding a cheaper way to ship to us here in the USA so maybe he will chime in and let us know what he has been able to do on that issue.

There is another dealer here in the USA but that guy and I have "issues"! I believe he's a closet a**hole and I won't buy anything from him if he was the last dealer on earth!!! Your mileage may vary!

I also considered buying an Openbox s9 which seems like it's a pretty good unit for the money @ around $140. It won't do 4.2.2 but it will do most everything that you probably want to watch. I do believe I'll try an Openbox s9 for my 3rd system sometime down the road.

DJRob,

Currently as of this date and time, and according to OpenSat's official site.... rickssatellitehome is the most legit outlet in the US.

Check it out here... Set Top Boxes, Media Center: High Definition | AZBOX

RADAR

Belgium Smart Innovations Zutphen B.V. info@smartinnovations.nl www.smartinnovations.nl/
Bosnia and Herzegovina Digital technologies & Innovations prodaja@dti.ba www.dti.ba
Bulgaria Digital Plus EOOD info@digitalplus-bg.com www.digitalplus-bg.com
Croatia Digital technologies & Innovations prodaja@dti.ba www.dti.ba
Czech Republic Sapro s.r.o. info@sapro.cz www.supersat.cz/
Dennmark DanStar Nordic ApS salg@tv-radio-shoppen.dk tv-radio-shoppen.dk/
France ACADIA INFORMATIQUE francis@acadia-info.com www.azbox.fr/
Italy Sat Trade srl info@sat-trade.it www.azbox.it/
Macedonia Digital technologies & Innovations prodaja@dti.ba www.dti.ba
Montenegro Digital technologies & Innovations prodaja@dti.ba www.dti.ba
Netherland Smart Innovations Zutphen B.V. info@smartinnovations.nl www.smartinnovations.nl/
Poland TV SAT EXPERT pawel.liszka@tvsat-sklep.com www.tvsat-expert.pl
Russia Greenteleprom info@greenteleprom.com www.greenteleprom.com/
Serbia Digital technologies & Innovations prodaja@dti.ba www.dti.ba
Slovakia Sapro s.r.o. info@supersat.sk www.supersat.sk/
Sweden Nordsat AB info@nordsat.se www.nordsat.se
Ukraine Abcom Ukraine LTD admin@abcom.com.ua www.abcom.com.ua/
Ukraine ROMSAT sat@romsat.ua www.romsat.ua/en
USA Ricks Satellite RickCaylor@aol.com www.rickssatelliteusa.com

If you buy a product from OpenSat, I can assure you that OpenSat will stand behind their product like the 300! They will absolutely not let you down. I had trouble with one AZBox Premium and the retailer in Florida refused to assist me with the repair of it. When I contacted OpenSat, they worked with me through the whole affair and circumvented that retailer. OpenSat offered a two year warranty on the receiver, but the retailer stated that HE only offered a 60 day warranty. That is not up to him, but he would not accept my unit under the manufaturer's warranty program regardless.

This becomes a very long story, but OpenSat worked with me throughout the entire affair and cordially offered me a brand new AZBox in the end.

I had sent mine directly to them for repair, but a SNAFU held it up in the customs department in Portugal. So they offered to send me a brand new unit. They wrote back and even asked me which tuners I had installed so that they could match it on the new unit.

I had to pay for the shipping and customs charges personally, but Opensat went far out of their way to satisfy me.

I was extremey impressed and very thankful for their committment to me as an AZBox owner and consumer. This company, OpenSat, is not playing around at all. They are top notch! You won't get this kind of service from anyone else, I am sure of it. This is like the old days, committments from companies that existed before I was even born!

I was...... I am so impressed with their service all around that I must let you all know of it. I told them that I was grateful and would help promote their products, but I don't tell you this because I simply made a promise. They had already provided me with the customer care that was beyond belief before I ever thought of it. After the fact, I owe it to other prospective OpenSat customers to let them know that they are making a very good decision to purchase their products! If you think that I am attempting to promote their products, you are doggone right! I am so thrilled with the way they served me that I must tell you of it.

I was already quite impressed with their equipment, now I am totally loyal to them. I have never personally dealt with a company in the past that was this good. I have only read about them or heard about them through my Grandfather. I thought they were all fictitious! Companies like this are so damned rare! I can tell you first hand that this one, OpenSat, is real and they are good and true to their word.

I have never seen anything quite like this.... They are amazing. This company is going to go far! They have the right attitude for customer support and they know what they are doing.

Thumbs up to Hugo and the whole team from me, one of the proud owners of an AZBox! Please keep it up!

RADAR

Radar, as tax money is approaching, I soon will buy an AZBox. Which of the 3 models, Ultra, Premium, or Premium Plus should I get? Any noteworthy differences between them?
Thanks! :D:up

I personally have the Premium and the Premium PLUS. The Premium PLUS is my recommendation.

It has full blind scan capabilities (although it is slow).

You can obtain and install a second DVB-S2 tuner in this one for about $70.

The power supply is external, like the Premium standard model that reduces heat.

The HDD bay is easily accessible - you don't have to disassemble the whole cover to install the HDD as there is a small cover on the top of the unit and you remove five screws to open it. The HDD connectors are routed right there for you.

Plus, it has WiFi which is a great advantage.

RADAR

It also has an 11 caracteres display (that unfortunaelly misuses the first and last 2) that the Ultra lacks. In any case the Ultra seems to be a fine machine as well , too bad non will do not even old analog Close Captions at least here in NA.

If you don't need a second tuner option, wireless networking or a VFD, the Ultra has all the same functionality as the Premium+. The chances of me needing a second tuner were almost zero and router is behind the TV. VFD is nice but decided to save a few dollars. With new firmware being developed, it should be possible to add USB wireless networking and maybe add a second tuner (USB), but neither is a guarantee so if needed get Premium+.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)